cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issue with access to rewards/points portal

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have been puzzled for the last two days - I seem not be able to access the rewards portal from Rogers/Fongo network, and I have no issue with access from Bell or Public Mobile.

The networks issue only affects rewards portal with zero issue with access to My Account and Community sites. 

Very strange and puzzling.  Trying different DNS servers other than Fongo's has no effect. 

Has anyone experienced such issue? 

13 REPLIES 13

Ah. Yeah static is very different from dynamic. I use eight dot eight dot eight dot eight for my DNS. There are also others that don't track and store. I think my second one is one of those. OpenDNS I think.

Yet you said at first that you had tried another DNS ??

But good with the update.

tzliu

@dust2dust   I have technical a "static" IP from Fongo Internet - it stays the same even after two-days outage of Rogers Internet.  Our area has an very unstable Rogers Internet connection (Rogers has not able to fix it for years and it is little wonder we had a huge scale outage), we could have no internet for several hours but Fongo would always assign the same IP after the service back online.

tzliu

Update - it seems strange but appears to be an issue with Fongo Internet DNS servers.  The problem solved after changing to CIRA's Canadian Shield DNS.

If you can login to the router then there is usually an option to renew the external ip which often picks up a new different one. If you have IoT devices then they might get confused.

tzliu

@dust2dust  It is highly related to the IP.  Just tried Opera with VPN on, it worked.  Not easy to change a cable IP, will try later.

tzliu

@softech   Tried Firefox developer tools - can't find any error.

Cookies? Javascript? Refresh? Force change the router to a new external ip?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tzliu , I am on Rogers cable internet, sometimes with VPN.  I have no issues navigating any of the Public Mobile portals.  I use chrome and firefox browsers.  I don't have to resort to incognito mode which seems to be a good solution for many.  

tzliu

@dust2dust  No VPN.  Using PM's data works, switching back to WIFI, it is a blank screen.  It must be network related - Chrome, Firefox, Opera, MS Edge, Safari all have the same problem. 

@tzliu   I guess you tried different browsers? 

did you try to open the browser Developer Tools to see if it shows any error?

tzliu

@softech  just a blank/white page following the log-in. No issues with My Account and community sites.   I am using Fongo internet which use Rogers' cable backbone.  Don't have Rogers' wireless, no clue if it works.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you going through a VPN?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tzliu   but you can access the Self Sreve My Account on Rogers/Fongo network too?

what is the error?  just cannot find the server? 

and you tried on Rogers Mobile or just Rogers home internet?

Need Help? Let's chat.