Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refer-a-friend and you'll both receive $5 off your bill

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I received this SMS from Public Mobile on Monday (Oct 28):

"Public Mobile here.
Save this Cyber Monday on our 4G speed plans! Upgrade to 15GB of 4G speed data for just $40/mo. Get this deal in My Account at https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca. Plus, refer-a-friend and you'll both receive $5 off your bill for the next 5 months! Conditions apply."

Does anyone know where the conditions are posted? Specifically, when does the $5x5 refer a friend bonus offer expire?

15 REPLIES 15

@Nezgar 

To the best of my knowledge they do NOT post details on RAF's. And really it should be in Announcements. 

If you search @Pop_Eye RAF you will see list. I guess @computergeek541 does not like it so it was ditched. 

@Nezgar wrote:

Ah - perfect, thanks @softech ! Indeed I received the "More is merrier" email, and I see now I completely missed that blurb at the bottom of the email about the $5x5, just had to scroll down more. 🙂

The Nov 28 one seemed to merge with the Dec 1 one. But very dissapeointng that there were no details given on the Nov 28 RAF. Assume the last Friday of the last week?? Will know when it happens. I also notice when you get the credit they name it like "November RAF" which I would assume that would allow you to have "different" 2 RAF's at a time. 

Here is the email. 

$5 x 5 RAF DEC 1 2022 -Dec 12 2022 2.jpg

Ah - perfect, thanks @softech ! Indeed I received the "More is merrier" email, and I see now I completely missed that blurb at the bottom of the email about the $5x5, just had to scroll down more. 🙂

@Nezgar   , @CountyDownIeUk   was right, last week of Jan

it was from the email we got about More is Merrier

Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when credit has been applied to the account. Credit will be applied within the last week of each month, starting in January 2023.

Thanks @CountyDownIeUk. Good to know to just keep waiting until late January, but I'm still curious how/where the community learned the "refer by" (December 12) and the "receive first $5 by" (Last week of January) dates. Did PM ever post this officially anywhere?

@Nezgar wrote:

Re the section of the text I received Nov 28 "refer-a-friend and you'll both receive $5 off your bill for the next 5 months! Conditions apply."

I ended up referring a friend on Dec 2nd, but them and myself have yet to see the supposed $5 credit. I guess it might show up on plan renewal, but thought I'd check if anyone else has seen anything for that yet?

Supposed to happen in the last week in month beginning Jan 2023. 

See here. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Re the section of the text I received Nov 28 "refer-a-friend and you'll both receive $5 off your bill for the next 5 months! Conditions apply."

I ended up referring a friend on Dec 2nd, but them and myself have yet to see the supposed $5 credit. I guess it might show up on plan renewal, but thought I'd check if anyone else has seen anything for that yet?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I asked similar about this, and still have no idea. 

4534674D-167E-4B1A-AEC3-A21638304BE9.jpeg

I gave a friend my referral code...and she took the cyber Monday promo. I have heard zilch. So, who gets what?

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

LOL how many glitches does it take before PM actually fixes anything 

43EC861A-C619-4824-8E55-4CB2537A1D35.jpeg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

That's the way it should work....along with the usual $10 bonus referral credit.

@darlicious OK cool tks, just worried I might have missed the boat as I now have a potential referral, and also an incentive if they can use it themselves to refer their 2nd line. Would be cool if that person then gets $10 x 5 months due to being both a referrer and referral. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 

Fingers crossed we've been good little girls and boys all year.....?🍭🥭🍡🍑🍭

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That’s tomorrow? Excited then @darlicious 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

It's all still a mystery but I suspect it will be December 31st and announced along with the 4th annual "More is Merrier" campaign tomorrow?!! 🎄🎁😁

Edit:

Update: As per the email recieved regarding the more is merrier campaign the expiry for this bonus RAF promotion was December 12th at 11:59:59pm eastern. 

@Nezgar 

Thanks for the extra question which gave me the notification so I could update the solution. Congrats on the top 10% for November....you deserve it.👍😀

Need Help? Let's chat.