cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: account active but i can not use it

vickimouse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help! I made a payment and i can not use my service! I'm getting very frustrated. This is much harder then it should be. I've paid my money. And using this community is difficult. I can't reach a moderator, because i can't understand how!

7 REPLIES 7

vickimouse

Thank you :)... i did send a couple pms. I didn't know if i had the right tag on the first, and forgot to include all my account info in the second. so I had to correct my errors. lol. I appreciate your responses and empathy. It makes me feel a little better. I've been absolutely impressed with the service with Public Mobile up to this point. But they need more staff to bring down the response time. As a call center representative myself for one of their competitors, I know very well that once people pay for their service, they want it right now! Many people simply would refuse to accept the delay and switch carriers. But I'm going to try to stay the course. Just navigating a community forum for the first time ever, trying to get assistance, frustrated me. I understand their cheap rates are partially due to the fact there is no call center to pay for. Thank you again for your replies! I wish you well 🙂

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@vickimouse wrote:

I have the $25 talk and text. My account shows active. Have not used a single minute. My acct was suspended, i made payment, and here i sit, still with no phone! Can not use talk or text. Have messaged the moderator. I never dreamt it would ever take 2 days just for someone to answer you to get your service activated, AFTER you've paid for it. That is unheard of. I'm quite upset by this. But, I will never miss a payment again! Lesson learned.

I totally hear you. I was worried when I switched to PM, about the response time. I know when I joined a month ago, I had some initial issues and my message was answered within a day. But based on what I've read in the last few days, apparently the response time has gone up. But I hope they will get to you soon. Don't send another message, though, because that just bogs down their queue. They'll get to your message as soon as they can. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

vickimouse

I have the $25 talk and text. My account shows active. Have not used a single minute. My acct was suspended, i made payment, and here i sit, still with no phone! Can not use talk or text. Have messaged the moderator. I never dreamt it would ever take 2 days just for someone to answer you to get your service activated, AFTER you've paid for it. That is unheard of. I'm quite upset by this. But, I will never miss a payment again! Lesson learned.

mcs11
@vickimouse wrote:

@Thank you for your reply! I was suspended. I logged in, changed my plan then made my payment. I've rebooted my phone. I have a talk and text plan. I can not make or receive calls or texts. when i place a local call it says "you do not have a long distance add on." I have sent a private message to @moderator. I've received no reply.

If you are on the $10 tak & text plan, have you used up your minute/text allotment? If not, or if you are on the $25 talk & text plan, it sounds like you need the assistance of the moderators.  Unfortunately, they are taking several days to respond to messages at the moment.

vickimouse

Thank you for your reply! I was suspended. I logged in, changed my plan then made my payment. I've rebooted my phone. I have a talk and text plan. I can not make or receive calls or texts. when i place a local call it says "you do not have a long distance add on." I have sent a private message to @moderator. I've received no reply.

mcs11

Sorry to hear you are having issues. If you provide more detail on the issue, the community has some really nice and knowledgeable people who will try to assist you.

If you need to contact the moderators, try this.  It's an excerpt from Public Mobile's "How to Contact  a Moderator" page.  I have heard they are taking longer than 48 hours due to work load, but they will do their best to assist you.

Good luck!

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.fig2.png

When are Moderators available and how long till I get a response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 7:30 PM Eastern time.

How do I know if a Moderator has looked at my question or responded?

Once a Moderator has opened your support ticket, they’ll send you a private message asking you to authenticate your account information. You will need to provide your account number and PIN to validate your account information. You can find this message by clicking on the envelope icon.

If you have not changed your account settings since creating your Community account, you will automatically receive email notifications when someone has sent you a private message. To modify this, just click on your Community avatar, then on ‘My Settings’, then navigate to the ‘Preferences tab’, then select ‘Private Messenger’ and checkmark the box beside ‘Receive email notifications for new private messages”.fig3.png

Are there any questions that always require a Moderator?

There definitely are, and here are some examples of when to contact Moderators directly:

• There’s an issue with your Public Mobile service that prevents you from using your phone to make calls, a feature is bugged, or if earned Rewards aren’t showing up.
  • You’ve ordered a SIM card online, it’s been more than 7 days, and you haven’t received it yet.
  • You would like to change your Self-Serve email address, or make other Self-Serve account changes that you are unable to do yourself.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@vickimouse, was your service working before?  Is this payment for renewal or initial activation?  If you could provide some further detail, the community can try to assist with problem resolution.  If the problem is account related you will need to contact the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.