cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm Identiy

Stevo3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sons sim card quit working. When signing in to his his account it requires him to confirm all access and then sends a code to his phone number and there isn't a email option. He cant access this code because his Sim card has malfunctioned. We would start a new account but we cant stop automatic payment because we cant login. What should I do

4 REPLIES 4

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Stevo3 

This is the first time setting up the eversafe ID for your son's account? If so then the secondary verification code is only sent via text message. Unless the Sim card can be reprovisioned you must replace the Sim card before you can recieve the verification code to access the account.

If you know the 4 digit account PIN you can call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter the 10 digit phone # and toggle off autopay to prevent further payments.

Contact customer support to see if they can reprovision the Sim card. ( You can try by powering off the phone, remove the Sim card and put it in your phone and reboot. See if you have service and attempt a call or text. Even if no service power off and return the Sim card to your son's phone and reboot. This may reprovision the Sim card.) If customer support cannot reprovision the sim card it will need to be replaced. Ask them to toggle off autopay in the account.

Once you replace the Sim card contact customer support again to swap out Sim cards in the account. You can then recieve the secondary verification text to access the account.

Sim cards can be bought at corporate Telus and Koodo retail stores or Mobile Klinik stores (call ahead to see if they are in stock). Amazon offers the fastest shipping options for sim cards unless you are in the GTA. Canadian Cell Supplies currently has Public Mobile sim cards in stock that can be picked up in person or shipped overnight nearby or in 5 business days via Canada Post across country. Public Moblie shipping is hit and miss between 3 days and 3 weeks.

Stevo3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did that and then it needed a second code. For the second code it only sends the code to the phone number 

@Stevo3 wrote:

My sons sim card quit working. When signing in to his his account it requires him to confirm all access and then sends a code to his phone number and there isn't a email option. He cant access this code because his Sim card has malfunctioned. We would start a new account but we cant stop automatic payment because we cant login. What should I do

Please use the chatbot to open a ticket and contact a customer support agent.  

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Only if that option doesn't work, send a private message to CS_Agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.