cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"roaming"

mroszell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

travelling to the caribbean.  Have international text and bank of international LD minutes. Am i subject to roaming charges just by being out of market or will I not see any charges as long as I don't burn off international minutes.  And of course use wifi for email, browing, etc.  

11 REPLIES 11

@mroszell 

If you have an iPhone, you can text to another person with an iPhone with iMessage.

If you don’t have an iPhone then you need to purchase a local SIM or use WhatsApp or TextNow app.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What country or territory are you going to in the Caribbean?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will have no service in the Caribbean. You do not need to turn anything off on your phone while you are away because there are never any extra charges since your phone will not connect to other networks outside of Canada. Just rely on wifi if it’s available. Enjoy your trip ☀️🌴

Nothing will work while outside Canada, EXCEPT in the US where Public Mobile customers can receive text messages only.

Any text messages received will be loaded onto your device upon your return to Canada when your device pings towers here.

There are NEVER any extra charges or overages of any kind with Public Mobile.

Best bet it to purchase a local pre-paid SIM card in the destination country where you'll be visiting, @mroszell 

mroszell

IF I receive texts/calls FROM canada while away, they are no charge?

mroszell

So texting back to Canada is an extra charge?  I read that PM only has roaming packages for US? Is that correct?  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mroszell  those  international text and bank of international LD minutes are used from Canada not when you are overseas.   

You can however make free calls and text using VoIP app.  download TextNow or Fongo and they work great. Best is that they are FREE

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mroszell  You international mins are only for calling abroad from Canada not the other way around … your best to bet a local SIM card for your destination 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mroszell, the only roaming service offered is in the US.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mroszell   sorry, the international text and LD minuts are to used FROM Canada to other countries, not to be used from another country.  You need roaming add-on but PM does not have roaming there

you need to use VoIP app like Textnow to make calls, it works whenever you have Wifi or local mobile data

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What YOU have works only in Canada - to call FROM Canada. This will not work to call from OTHER countries.

Need Help? Let's chat.