cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SIM locked... SIM not found"

bondmi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I keep getting a SIM locked sim not found "technical error on my phone. This has happened a dozen times or so. Was thinking it would only happen when I was getting a weak signal... but now not so sure.
I think it as be an issue with the sim cards itself. Can anyone she'd any light on thus issue?
It started a few weeks ago. It is very random. I generally have to reboot the phone to get it back. The first time it happens I removed the sim to ensure slot and card clean. Never encounter a SIM issue with other provider and this phone. Again I am thinking it is the sim by maybe something on PM end???
7 REPLIES 7

bondmi
Shazia_k is sending a new SIM card... I will post once I have received it and tested. I still think it has something to do with service/signal strength as I notice when the issue occurs, I am in "h" not "H" or 4G.
For the time being... the issue is solved as per the awesome assistance I received here.
Again I will post update once I test with new SIM.

@bondmi I noticed that your post is marked "Solved".

Has your problem been resolved? If so, what was finally the issue?

Just curious.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bondmi

I have sent you a PM

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@bondmi

Sure, can you respond to my private message?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

bondmi
Not asking for lock code. It simply says sim not found or sim locked contact provider emergency calls only.
Very random but happened again today. Is it possible to get another sim card sent?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @bondmi

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can you confirm if the phone is asking your for a SIM lock code? 

if yes, please send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message and I will gladly assist you further. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

SIM lock is triggered by entering the phone's PIN incorrectly; sometimes as few as 3 times. Once it happens "for real" removing and reinstalling the sim will not correct it and you'll need a PUK code.

If that is not the reason, then I think someting is failing; your sim or the phone. We can have a moderator @Shazia_K @Mary_M check your account to be sure it is not account related. If you don't hear from them by noon tomorrow let us know.

It would make sense to order a spare sim just in case, however I am not sure how that Purolator refund works if it's not used to create an account. Best to wait for a moderator's input I think.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.