cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"One or more media attachments were removed", again...

GirthyPablo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have an issue, which, after searching online for a while, could not find a fix to, although I found a post on this website from 2020 without a resolution. Hopefully I can provide more context to my error and it will be easier to fix the issue. I have also sent a request to Alcatel so hopefully I can get this fixed (I have an Alcatel 3V, it was cheap.)

As soon as I download an MMS of any sort from the messages app, the "One or more media attachments were removed" error pops up. And neither myself nor the sender ever "removed" any attachments.

This error began just about a week ago, when I finally got around to delete my old email address that wasn't working. My best guess is that since it was my primary google account associated with the phone, any images or downloads etc, that store in my phone were linked to it. 

How can I switch my primary account or how can I redirect the location of where my files from messages are stored so that I can actually see them?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GirthyPablo 

MMS message needs mobile data to be enabled. Period.  It does not use wifi data to transfer picture.

Check the APN settings on your Alcatel 3V and also enable data before you can get any pictures attached to MMS messages. 

PM does not charge the plan data used by MMS.  This is the reason why PM uses a different data server from your plan data server to process MMS data.  

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

I have a senior family member is using an Alcatel  flip phone on PM and wants custom pictures on her flip phone.  I configured the APM settings on the Alcatel flip phone as above. Then, I can send MMS to her flip phone to use the picture as wallpaper on the flip phone.

It was a pain to enter text without a full keyboard.  But your Alcatel 3V should be easy with the full keyboard.

GirthyPablo

storage is not an issue, I tried the clear cache, force close and restart and it didn't work.

I could try google message if there is no other way.

GirthyPablo

native sms... error did not occur a week ago, more details in original post

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you use native SMS/MMS app or it is third party app?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GirthyPablo   

is space an issue?

Also, did you try to clear cache on the messaging app , force close and restart the app and see if it helps?

yours is an older phone, not sure if Google Message will work, if so, you can try to use that to receive and send MMS and see if it works.   Or at least try other messaging app if Google message cannot be installed on your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.