cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

public points...

survivalistbum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received the following text-message today:

"Public Mobile here. On March 2, 2023, we incorrectly applied additional rewards credits to your account. These additional credits have since been removed, but you can rest assured that your existing rewards have not been impacted. No action is required from you."

...I wasn't awarded a million extra points, or even 5 extra points...I wanted to request the points back, not merely because it's the right thing to do, but also because I am taking both THIS survey (pops up when I entered the forum) and I did the CICIC Research survey as well. Note that the CICIC Research survey was all about pubic pointz, and the pointz were deducted only AFTER I had completed that survey. I, obviously; feel that I did not have ALL of the most relevant information before I completed the CICIC Research survey.

13 REPLIES 13

hi @survivalistbum you opened ticket with PM agent?? they replied?  if they havenlt, just send another message 

survivalistbum

Screenshot_20230313-030628.png

survivalistbum

Hello! Thank-you; @hTideGnow ; but, with respect; I didn't know that pointz were ever deducted at all and the fact that it happened to me for whatever reason is quite shocking. What if I had already redeemed the pointz before they were deducted? ETC? (see above) I would sincerely like to know the company policy on how (or even IF) redeemed pointz are deducted, so that I can get the best use out of them! If I know pointz will only show in my account for a couple of days I would obviously try to redeem them immediately, instead of banking them. 

I can't possibly be the only person who wants to know this. Is there anyone who had pointz deducted, AFTER they were redeemed? How did the company handle that? 

No response on this yet from my CSAs but I'll post when they do.

HI @survivalistbum PM has definitely screw up in this, but how many points are we talking about?

with  your retracted points and redemption, so many IF there.  But no one else has post talking about that yet, I guess it is not an issue but strictly a case to think about, not a case to deal with

survivalistbum

NOTE: No pointz were offered for completing the survey...but, pointz were removed AFTER I had taken the survey.

...the CICIC Research survey was ALL about Pubic Pointz. Pointz were deducted 1ce I completed the survey. I def took the survey with a falsely inflated impression of Pubic Pointz.

survivalistbum

The pubic pointz are def gone...it's not about the dates. Also def not a lot of pubic pointz. But I just feel it's kinda cheezy.

You should def have received a text; like I did, about your deducted pubic pointz. Text-messaging is 1 of the services you are paying for!

I don't know about going to a CSA for the deducted pointz, (seems like a battle I would lose) but as I said I would def like to take the CICIC Survey again! I just might ask a CSA about that...

Also; I think some CSA must already know about this...after I posted last night I re-read it and noticed that in my subject-line I had accidentally typed "PUBIC" (no "L"). I had a little laugh about this and went to bed. But now some helpful person has since correct this! Personally I only have fond memories of my Pubic Region, (and otherz) but maybe pubLic mobile feels this would make them look bad? But surely that's not as bad/cheezy as givething the takething away pointz?

...Am I allowed to call them "Publick Pointz"? "Pube-Lick Pointz"? ETC?

survivalistbum

@BKNS27

NOTE: No pointz were offered for completing the survey...but, pointz were removed AFTER I had taken the survey.

A scam visavis the extra pointz? Or the survey itself? The CICIC survey was ALL about pointz...emailed out at the EXACT same time the extra pointz were showing in my account...1ce I had COMPLETED THE SURVEY the extra pointz disappeared. I expect the surveys are anonymous and they have no idea who took them and who did not...BUT; a random sprinkling of extra pointz here and there (as others are reporting this as well) when the survey is being sent out would inevitably make customers feel; arguably, falsely positive about pubic pointz. If I could take the survey now, knowing as I do that those pointz were not mine to keep, my scores would be substantially lower.

Pubic Mobile probably paid CICIC Research a lot to run that survey...but now the data they get from it will be falsely skewed higher. I guess what I'm saying is: If I can't have those pointz back, may I please take the CICIC Research survey again?

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That happened to me too. I am on $ rewards and was given $1 Loyalty and $2 auto pay, twice. Then the $3 was taken back. I verified on my transactions.....it is legitimate. 

BEFORE you take it to a CSA....look at your account. It may be in different days as well but in the same 30 day period. 

Not sure if I received a text though. 

@Dunkman wrote:

@survivalistbum 

A couple of the oracles also got this text message a couple of days ago. Looks like Public mobile made an error in rewarding some rewards (dollars or points). 

Did PM offer any points for the completion of the survey?  Usually not.  

It was PM error and it would have been nice for PM to let you keep the extra rewards, but PM is within its right to claw back the reward points.  

In the past, Public Mobile allowed the extra rewards to stand.  It's within Public Mobile's right to make the corrrection, but I don't think it will go over well with the customer base.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@survivalistbum 

A couple of the oracles also got this text message a couple of days ago. Looks like Public mobile made an error in rewarding some rewards (dollars or points). 

Did PM offer any points for the completion of the survey?  Usually not.  

It was PM error and it would have been nice for PM to let you keep the extra rewards, but PM is within its right to claw back the reward points.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@survivalistbum So, how much was transaction you had around March 2 ?  How many rewards points PM applied on that day for that transaction?  Check My Account's Payment history for the transaction around March 2 and check My Reeards' point transaction at the My Rewards site.  Provide use those details if you don't mind 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@survivalistbum

You can bring up your concerns with the customer support agents. Only they can restore any points that you feel should not have been removed.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@survivalistbum 

Not sure but it sounds like a scam to me.

Need Help? Let's chat.