cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No public mobile network

Funkymojo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot text or make calls since I cannot see the public mobile network on my phone's network settings. I see Bell, and Telus. The bot couldn't supply a ticket to get in contact with a CSR. 

11 REPLIES 11

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Funkymojo -

Strange it was working, and now it is not.

Do you have access to another provider's SIM card you can put inside your phone to test if there are working services?

Try that and let us know if it works.

Funkymojo

I have had it on auto network as well. Noticed at top of phone it's always been public mobile. Tried connecting to Telus network and no luck. Will try again. Appreciate ur thoughts 😌 

Funkymojo

I've logged into account and confirm it's active 👌.  Thx for help

Funkymojo

Yup thinking it's my device. Switched to another phone and worked fine. Tried that link to see if phone blacklisted but its ok. My phone is a Samsung S21 FE. It was working fine a couple weeks ago and I went to the states then on holidays. Just got back and went to text but no luck. Gonna get in contact with support. See if I have something not set right on phone. I can see two networks in Bell and Telus available but unable to connect to either. Also phone next to me is on public mobile as well with a Sim card. Absolutely no issues with that one. Very strange as I've tried most everything. Appreciate the help. Cheers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Funkymojo , is it possible that there might be a network labeling issue on your phone?  I have a Chinese branded phone that shows Telus on certain settings tabs and Public Mobile on others.  From the mobile network tab, it shows Telus.  Elsewhere it shows Public Mobile.  I have never had any problems as I have the phone settings to do auto network connection.  

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Funkymojo 

Confirm your account is Active by calling 611 from your phone or logging into your account.

@Funkymojo if the phone next to you works fine, then it could be your device.  

what exact model is your phone?  And the phone status shows not connected? 

For peace of mind, check if your phone is blacklisted here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Funkymojo

Just loss connection. Also did reset which included network settings for wifi and Bluetooth. Still no luck. Removed Sim card and reinstalled. Gonna try in another phone now. However a phone next to me on public mobile is working fine lol. Beats me. It was working till today. Thanks for the info 👍 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Funkymojo did you just join PM and unable to connect??

or you just loss the connection??

Try to click Reset all networks and it could resolve it quickly

Also, try your sim on another phone as well 

Funkymojo

Thx Handy1 for the reply. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Here’s the link to contact support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.