cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

public mobile is generous to new subscribers but not so much to loyal customers.

sofa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

public mobile is giving some very generous plans to new subscribers but not so much to loyal customers who have been with the brand for many years.   its not fair and makes me feel neglected and encourage me to look for better features with other carriers. this is not a wise business management recipey.

4 REPLIES 4

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Have you recently checked?  All the promo's that were for new customers only are now available to everyone.  All companies to this to attract new customers.  Does PM not reward you for your time with them by taking $1 off each month for every year you are with them?  What other providers do that for their customers?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @sofa 

I'm not really sure what you mean. This latest round of promotions, yes, it was just for new customers and current customers willing to upgrade. But now the promo is for everyone.

With regards to offers to new customers, that's how Telco works. It's to bate them to joining Public Mobile with great deals. A person can change plans at any time. A person can port out and port back in at any time. You're not locked into a phone plan. There is a ton of flexibility here. Granted if you're on the Legacy Rewards still, yes, you may see it that way. If you're on the new point system, the above statement is how I see it.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sofa 

This is true for most mobile companies.  To attract new customers, need to provide better deals.  

Saying that, Public did make the popular $34 US-Canada 50 GB plan to everyone.  That was a nice gesture by the company.  Before existing customers needed to private message CSA to ask for a manual switch which was denied by some CSAs. 

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/activation/plans/50GB-5Gspeed17

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sofa - If you are thinking of getting a New Activations Only plan, there is a 50/50 chance of getting it by CS_Agent. More of a chance if you are paying less than the plan and less of a chance if you are paying more than the price of the plan.

Also all of the carriers do this (Freedom has it for everyone but it goes up $5 or $10 after 2 years on some plans)

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Please ensure that you pay attention for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Need Help? Let's chat.