cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems purchasing phones

karlandjennifer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently have one public mobile account and want a second for my wife. Also our phone is dying. So we want to buy 2 phones and one sim card.

The store won't let me do it. It says you can only purchase a maximum of 2 phones.

14 REPLIES 14

@dust2dust wrote:

@computergeek541- Unfettered Chrome on W10, a somewhat nailed down FF on W10, Unfettered Chrome on Android and a somewhat nailed down FF on Android. None show a sim.

So I don't know what's going on.

I just tried Firefox (most recent version) in Windwows 10.  The bonus SIM card is there. Either way, I think the point about this is if "bonus SIM" isn't in the cart, the customer isn't going to receive one.  I also do know for sure that if a customer orders 2 phones in the same order, only 1 bonus SIM card will be shipped.  The only way around that would be to place two seperate orders.

@computergeek541- Unfettered Chrome on W10, a somewhat nailed down FF on W10, Unfettered Chrome on Android and a somewhat nailed down FF on Android. None show a sim.

So I don't know what's going on.

I just tried. Both Chrome on Android and Edge in Windows 10 get the SIM card added.  I know that only one SIM card per order isn't mentioned, but that is what the site is doing if you have two phones in the cart.

@computergeek541- Then I don't know what site you're looking at. I've tried 3 different browsers, one of them on mobile and I see no mention of 1 sim per order. I also tried this earlier with the OP. The OP saw the same thing as I.

I select the phone, it's in the cart, I even make it two, update cart, there is no sim shown. I interpret all of this as that the main phones page says what it says and so it's not necessary to "buy" a sim.

I remember from before that yes a $0 sim would show. I never tried multiple items before like the OP did.

@dust2dust 

What I'm reporting is confirmed.  Please try it. It's one free SIM card per phone order. The system won't allow the "bonus SIM" quantity to be changed to 2.

@computergeek541- If you're relaying that factoid from internal sources then once again they have false messaging.

It says:

Free Public Mobile SIM Card included with each purchase of a Certified Pre-Owned phone.

Please note the specific word "a". That tells me each. It doesn't say in any phone order. The messaging should then say:

Free Public Mobile SIM Card included with each order of Certified Pre-Owned phones.

It doesn't say that.

Adding - and I would argue it vehemently. Language is extremely important in business. This place is WAY too lackadaisical on language if they would stand on only one sim per order of any number of phones.

@dust2dust 

The limit is 2 phones or 2 SIM cards or 2 phones and one bonus SIM (only one free per phone order).

@computergeek541- You would be right...before. But I looked and tried things out and the sim does not appear. Maybe I did it wrong if you had other results recently.

And apparently they don't want people cleaning out their stock in one purchase. There's a limit of two things in the cart.

@dust2dust 

When purchasing a CPO phone "bonus SIM" is automatically displayed in the online shopping cart. As you have suspected, It is supposed to shipped in the same parcel as the phone.

Some people have complained that they didn't get a sim with the phone. Now it doesn't show up in the cart. I'd keep that image as proof that their messaging says it comes with a sim. If you don't get one and when you complain and they say no it doesn't then you can point this out to them. Um...yes it does. Gimme gimme.

karlandjennifer

I managed to miss that the sim card comes with purchase one the purchase attempt.  thanks.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Well that is goofy. I tried to add 3 and same thing. Back to 2 and tried adding a sim and same thing.

Here's the kicker...phones are supposed to come with a sim and it used to show up there as a $0 item in the cart. And yup, it still says a sim comes with the phone. I guess they removed it from the cart.

dust2dust_0-1664482588407.png

karlandjennifer

Ah - the problem is that the store says you can only buy a maximum of 2 phones, but what they mean is you can only buy a maximum of 2 items  one sim card and one phone works, so does 2 phones. 2 phones and 1 sim card do not work.  Sigh. Will enter in 2 separate purchases.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@karlandjennifer    You want to purchase two phones and the maximum allowed is two, so not sure what the problem would be?    Perhaps, there's a limit for not being able to purchase more than one phone per model?

Try clearing cache/cookies and using incognito mode for the purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.