cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with activitating SIM card

bknorman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I was with Freedom Mobile and I was transferring to Public Mobile. I made the mistake of taking out my Freedom SIM and replacing it with my Public SIM before I received the verification text from Freedom. Now I am stuck between two providers. With my Public SIM, I am not receiving texts or calls from any contacts that are not with Public or Telus, so I have put my Freedom SIM back in my phone until this is resolved. When I try to start the process over on Public, it will not accept my SIM card#, I guess because it is already in the system.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

bknorman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everybody, I now have a help ticket submitted! Fingers crossed it doesn't take long!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bknorman  - depending on what time you activated, you may have received a resent text to the Freedom SIM card, but if you missed the follow up text you need to submit a ticket to Customer Support to reinitiate the porting request with Freedom.

You can submit a ticket here to do this: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.htmlbotId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM....

Do not cancel your previous provider's service/plan (it could affect the porting process); the act of porting should cancel the old service automatically.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@bknorman wrote:

I made the mistake of taking out my Freedom SIM and replacing it with my Public SIM before I received the verification text from Freedom.

You did Almost everything correct except leaving old SIM in your phone to reply Yes to port authorization.

Contact agent to help you out of limbo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bknorman : As you found, you can't attempt another activation. You will need to contact the CSA's to re-trigger the transfer request. Leave the Freedom SIM in to confirm the transfer. Try the toll free number using 7's and the words "to telus" also.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bknorman 

If you missed the 90 minute window with the Freedom SIM in the phone. Contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by private messaging them on top of this page.

Meanwhile, your Freedom SIM so still work because the porting was not completed.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bknorman 

***READ WRONG IGNORE POST*** Missed part that you did not reply YES.

Sounds like you have done everything right. The porting is in process now and can take a few hours to a day to complete. Landline numbers can take up to a week. When the port is in process some things will still work on old phone sim some will work on new sim until everything has been completed and processed. Give it some time.

If you used a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. That will be credited to your account within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Need Help? Let's chat.