cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unblock a long distance number? (Security flaw)

Myster10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey so since I can't talk to customer service (there is none) and when I can the UK number +44 telus says its blocked and to call 611 which does absolutely nothing and only asks for money, how on earth do I unblock a number? I really need to call the UK it's an emergency I even wasted $15 on UK minutes which I get get refunded cause there's no bloody customer service here.

Any help is appreciated. Looking forward to finally switching providers. 

5 REPLIES 5

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Myster10   If you've ruled out that the number you're trying to call isn't one that's excluded from being called, then make sure that you are dropping the zero from the area/city code as that will also stop the call going through.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Myster10 wrote:

Hey so since I can't talk to customer service (there is none) and when I can the UK number +44 telus says its blocked and to call 611 which does absolutely nothing and only asks for money, how on earth do I unblock a number? I really need to call the UK it's an emergency I even wasted $15 on UK minutes which I get get refunded cause there's no bloody customer service here.

Any help is appreciated. Looking forward to finally switching providers. 

@Myster10  - did you successfully purchase the addon to your account?

If you don't see it listed under this section (see screen shot below for the section I am referring to), and the funds are still showing in your Available Funds area, then go back to the Addon Section and select it again.

Now that you have the funds it will add correctly.

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Is this your problem?

1. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Myster10  Also have you made sure it is not one of these numbers you're trying to call?

As per Public Mobile terms..

Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Myster10  If you bought an add-on for calling the UK from Canada. You need to make sure you're using the proper dial out code. I know you listed you did +44.....have you tried 01144 then the number?

Need Help? Let's chat.