cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting/number transfer

JDR16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

so in the process of the porting /number transfer for another account that i have i made a mistake and did not select the dummy number. now this are weird. how can i fix this without affecting my number and is it an easy fix??? will getting a physical card help.???

8 REPLIES 8

you have iPhone?

after you removed old sim card, reboot phone and Reset Network settings..  Then go back and make sure PM esim is set as Primary and "Turn on this line" is on.  Then go to iMessage settings disable iMessage first

reboot phone again and then go back to enable iMessage, enable Send as SMS and enable MMS.  And make sure Send and receive display your correct phone number and email address

HI @JDR16 

many people on esim do not use a temp number and go straight with porting and no issues

for now, let's focus on having the porting completed.  You got the porting authorization text from old provider yet? you replied yes?

JDR16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

the problem is I didn’t choose the temporary number, i did something different and now the settings are weird. Like i removed the old sim i can make call and send text but when i send an text the receiver gets an email and the service says nothing like i have no bars and the data says no sim card. - fyi i used the esim option when porting

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JDR16 

If you are porting a number to replace the current PM number. Yes, you will need to pick the temporary number while porting is completed.

Once porting is done then your old PM number will be replaced with the new ported number. Porting may take up to 4 hours but it took my friend 45 minutes.

Check porting after activation:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number?_gl=1*syh174*_gcl_aw*R0NMLj... 

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

if you want to sort out the porting situation, call the porting assistance team.  I can't post the number here, but I will message you the number to your Community inbox

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JDR16it sounds like you are going to need a CS agent to go into your account of anything needs to be corrected. Click on the orange circle in the bottom right corner to send them a message 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @JDR16 

what is "weird"?  you dont have to choose a dummy number when you activate and port

if you choose to port while activate, your phone with PM sim card will work for outbound calls and text and data and just not working for inbound calls and text.  Your old carrier sim card will be fully functional until the port is completed

so, for now you can keep using the old carrier sim card until you find it stop working, then insert the PM sim card in the phone

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JDR16  

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.