cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan was changed. bonus data will go away or stay?

kevinyang1987
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

after changing to new system,  my friend and I were thinking to change the other plan.    

my case:  I am using $15 plan. if I change to $19 plan.  like up grading my plan, will I lose my bonus data? these bonus data was given to me the previous years. no expired day.  I don't mean the bonus data when we using the new system.

my friends' case: he is using $25 plan. he wants to use the same plan, now this plan only costs $19. if he changes to this plan, system will count it as he down grading his plan or not down grading so that he can keep his bonus data? The community told us if someone down grade the plan the bonus data will go away and it can not be restored back by anyway.

by the way, I see the official website there are plans they cost the same but more data, it only limits to the new clients.  what condition to be considered new client?  if I cancel my account and reopen it, will I consider new client?  As an old client, I think I am like the son of a step mother, no loyalty love, no good benifits as much as new client.  live like a dog.

4 REPLIES 4

@kevinyang1987 

A few extra things to consider:

If you don't need data right away, you may want to keep with the $15 plan.  Several $15 plan users have been getting promotion texts from Public mobile for plan upgrades similar to the present $19 or 21 plans offered to new customers.  These are targeted texts.  Your account may be chosen for the next round.  

As for your friend, if he "downgrades" from $25 to $19 plan, according to FAQ of loyalty data bonus add on (150 day expiry date), customers will lose this add on.  The holiday gifts (long distance and data) will remain.  However, several customers have reported that when they switched from $25 to $19 plans, they actually kept their loyalty data add on.  YMMV.  No guarantees. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kevinyang1987 

Upgrade - you won't lose the More is Merrier data and long distance calling bonus. Plus you won't lose the 150 days bonus data for the switch to the Points Rewards.

Downgrade - you won't lose the More is Merrier data and long distance calling bonus. But you will lose the 150 days  bonus data for switching to the Point Reward.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kevinyang1987 wrote:

after changing to new system,  my friend and I were thinking to change the other plan.    

my case:  I am using $15 plan. if I change to $19 plan.  like up grading my plan, will I lose my bonus data? these bonus data was given to me the previous years. no expired day.  I don't mean the bonus data when we using the new system....the Holiday gift data (from previous Holiday free data and LD minutes) you have will stay if you change plans.

my friends' case: he is using $25 plan. he wants to use the same plan, now this plan only costs $19. if he changes to this plan, system will count it as he down grading his plan or not down grading so that he can keep his bonus data? The community told us if someone down grade the plan the bonus data will go away and it can not be restored back by anyway...he will lose the 150 Day Bonus data if he changes to a plan of lesser value.

by the way, I see the official website there are plans they cost the same but more data, it only limits to the new clients.  what condition to be considered new client?  if I cancel my account and reopen it, will I consider new client?  As an old client, I think I am like the son of a step mother, no loyalty love, no good benifits as much as new client.  live like a dog....you'd have to buy a new sim to start a new account in order to be considered a new activation.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you upgrade from $15 to $19, you will lose nothing. You will keep any bonus data and any more is merrier data.

If your friend downgrades from $25 to $19, he will lose his recent bonus data.  However, he still keeps any of his more is merrier data that was gifted to him from past holidays. 

I tried to get PM to switch me to a new activation only plan and they have flat out refuse to do so. 

You could cancel your account, but if you do that you will lose your telephone number. One alternative is to port out your number to another provider and then port back in as a new activation. It is a bit of a hassle, plus you will lose any referrals from your previous account. 

I treat my dog better than PM treats its existing customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.