cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend Prior to Recent Changes

weylanderic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Just curious if others have had the same question. I have been with Public Mobile for many years because they seem to value customers with rewards for prompt payments, friends referral, and added bonus with each year we stay with them.

However with the recent major change seem to undo all those years I have been loyal and plus the effort I spent spreading the good word of Public Mobile to my friends.

I understand they tried to appease with offer of Data Add-On with a limited set time which seems...a tad tacky to put a time limit on it to replace rewards that was once promised as on-going as sign of good faith for being a long term customer. 

I am just curious is there any kind of reward going forward that recognized the years I have been with Public Mobile and all the friends and family I have introduced and join?

Thanks for reading my thoughts.

11 REPLIES 11

Eldernerd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Define "disheartened".

Receiving 12GB data as loyalty "gift",

having 12GB replaced with 240GB,

being left with 0GB after 6 months.

Thank you for your loyalty. (sucker)

Eldernerd

Thanks for literally... nothing.

Eldernerd

Also. Thank you PM for the extra GBs at Xmas that never disappeared until used and replacing them with 240 GB that you know I will never be able to consume and taking it ALL back in 6 months. Thank you Telus.

Eldernerd

10 points/yr

VS

$60.00/yr. (5yr. loyalty)

I can't see the difference. Can you?

@Ken21   It's $10 a year loyalty, $1 a month for each referral, and 5% monthly in points based on your bill cost (e.g. for the current $34 50GB 5G plan its $1.70 per month in points value.  Of course on the lower cost plans it would take a lot longer to accumulate the points.  So yes, for "loyalty" you're definitely worse off but at least there is still something in the way of "rewards".

Ken21

I also hope that the PM has this idea, but the reality is to turn $60 a year into $10. That's it.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@weylanderic You do still get the referrals (1 point = $1) along with the 5% in points for payments and the 10 annual "loyalty" so rewards have not gone completely, just not as lucrative as before.  Also points for participating in the community, and discounted add ons if bought for points instead of $.  

weylanderic

Oh my...I guess I was hoping they would manage their budget brand differently. It's too bad. I would have been a customer for life before the change but now...I will need to see...

Brettster991

Public mobile is a TELUS budget brand. This means you are supporting Telus. Public mobile and Telus are one in the same here. That is why you feel like that. Because they are just bringing there tactics to PM 

weylanderic

Yes you could. I guess I feel a little disheartened because I was so happy with what they offered at the beginning so I did spend a lot of time telling family and friends about Public Mobile. Yes, of course I benefited if they joined which is the incentive they set out but I also honestly believed in the service and Public Mobile. Where the bigger companies seem to care less about the customers I though Public Mobile was different. I am not saying they are the same as the big companies now and I still appreciate what they do but I guess I feel the rug being pulled a bit after all the good years.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@weylanderic , every anniversary you get 10 points.  You could call that a loyalty reward.  

Need Help? Let's chat.