cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phones not working in USA

krj754
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Both my phone and wives phone are not working in USA for calls, have tried T-Mobile and AT&T flipping to Airplane mode and off, roaming on an off, i even repurchased plans since I'm on a work trip and have to return to Canada now since cannot be without a phone. 

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@krj754 - what do you mean by "repurchased plans" ?

Were Roaming Addons working before, but ran out, then you purchased more Roaming Addons?

If buying the same addon you need to wait 24 hours after the addon expires (it's dumb, but apparently a thing). OR you can buy a different type of Roaming addon, so the same plan does not conflict.

OR, have a CSA add if for you before the 24 hours void time is up.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Get Help Article for Roaming and things for reference:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming#:~:text=Troubleshooting%20U.S.%20Roam...

edit

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's high time PM enables VoLTE even if it was only in the US for now. It's still summer, we shouldn't have to wait until the fall to enable such feature.

@Yummy wrote:

If you did purchase proper US add-on and you can see it on your accounts(s) and if it is not working them most likely US network is not handling PM supported networks.

Try to get local SIM or use voip app like TextNow if free WiFi is available.

You can ask for refund from agent and ask for clarification why US add-on is not working anymore in area where are you are currently.

I suspect OP's needs are to be able field work calls on the cell number.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you did purchase proper US add-on and you can see it on your accounts(s) and if it is not working them most likely US network is not handling PM supported networks.

Try to get local SIM or use voip app like TextNow if free WiFi is available.

You can ask for refund from agent and ask for clarification why US add-on is not working anymore in area where are you are currently.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@krj754 , phone calls will only work if you are connected to T-Mobile and have access to their 2G network.  All US carriers have shut down their 3G network.  Calling performance can be really YMMV unfortunately.  Clarification, US roaming are covered by add-ons, not base plans.  

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@krj754 

use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

do you can check the add-ons in your account,, do you buy it they 2 time for same add-ons then 

you need to contact to support team by  CS_Agent  to add for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.