cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone service booster

BradyG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I live in northern Ontario in the bush and phone calls don't seem to reach my phone while I'm home but I do get texts.

I have a oneplus Nord N10 5G.

Is there any cell phone signal boosters I can get that are compatible with public mobile?

11 REPLIES 11

BradyG

I live in the bush outside of sturgeon falls. When I go into town or any other city I receive and can make calls without issue. When I go outside my house I can make calls.

Regardless of phone or even for people not with Public Mobile people have issues while inside my house.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BradyG 

question when you go to different city you have same issue !

and in your home for other member family has different carrier Service,

and they facing same issue !

BradyG

I did try this and it didnt seem to help

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BradyG 

Is there an option to select 3G ONLY in your Mobile Connections of your devices?

You could toggle to this this when you are trying to make a call, and see if connection is better.

BradyG

There are maybe 5 of us with public mobile. Some have Samsung phones too and we can only call out while we are outside, not in the house.

What booster would you recommend.

@BradyG wrote:

Could also be sturgeon falls. Google maps always says that instead

I've looked at the Telus coverage map, and the good news is that Telus advertised that there is HSPA network coverage in the West Nipinsing area. I would try another device as some have a better antenna than others. I will say that try to see if phone calls work while outside.  If they don't, a signal booster might not help as one of those can't pick up a signal that it can't pick up (although it's possible that the booster could have a better antenna than your phone). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BradyG wrote:

I live in Garden Village, Ontario

@BradyG 

in your area a lot Towers, you will getting very good service.

maybe your SIM card issue or your device

can you try your SIM card put it in another device to test it..

BradyG

Could also be sturgeon falls. Google maps always says that instead

BradyG

I live in Garden Village, Ontario

@BradyG wrote:

Hello. I live in northern Ontario in the bush and phone calls don't seem to reach my phone while I'm home but I do get texts.

I have a oneplus Nord N10 5G.

Is there any cell phone signal boosters I can get that are compatible with public mobile?

I am suspecting that you could possibly be in an area that only has LTE coverage. What's the city name?  Where there is only an LTE network available, only text message and data servcies will work at Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BradyG 

visit to Coverage Map Here .

or Here 

and check it out is enough Towers Map in your area...

something maybe is help, do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.