cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment not processing

Justin187
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I'm trying to use my debit credit card that I have been using for years to process my payment but everytime it says can't verify payment info. I have changed nothing. I know there is money in my account as I can see it. Also I have made another purchase elsewhere seconds after my failed attemts to load money onto my public mobile account so I know its not an issue with my debit credit card or address info or for lack of money. Please help, my account payment is due in few days and I don't want to lose service. If I do lose service because I can't load money I promise you I will find a new phone supplier because this is crazy.

23 REPLIES 23

@robm57 

Wal-Mart has been known to have faulty vouchers. The wait time on validity has not been confirmed. That one I would confirm with a CSA that it is valid. If so have them add it to your account. Send them a screenshot of it.

Zehrs is back east so I have no experience with them. If you bought it from customer service it may not be valid til the end of their business day or possibly 24 hours. RCSS ones are valid within a few hours (under the Loblaws umbrella) so you may have to wait on that one but you can still confirm its validity with the CSA.

It would be a great help to future members if you would relate your experience once you are able to redeem the vouchers in your account in the voucher catalogue thread. Screenshots of them after redemption would be awesome too!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

robm57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

got them from walmart and zehrs

robm57

im getting more info from random customers than CS

@robm57 

Are you trying to redeem a voucher or use your credit card to pay? The system will lock you out after 2 attempted payments for one hour giving you the same payment not processing message.

If its a voucher which retailer did you purchase it from? Some take up to 24 hours to become valid.

PM support is done online.

You can try submitting a ticket or send them a private message.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@robm57  sorry, PM support is all online, you will really need to open ticket with them to reset both the PIN and the My Account credentials

for My Account , did you try using the Forgot Password link?  Enter the correct email and answer the security question.

If you cannot reset it this way, you will have to contact PM to have it reset for you:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

If you have opened a ticket already, maybe open another one (USE the open ticket method above, it could be quicker and remember to check your Community inbox)... sometimes, it works

If you really need to load fund quick you can also try Instant Retail topup (but there is a small fee)

Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robm57 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

robm57

the *611 service is broken as well. it will not accept the pin# did this twice today at 2 different stores and it will not accept either one, CS seems to be ignoring emails or they return them whenever they get to it. is there anywhere we can phone to actually speak to someone? or should i consider a new service provider?

@Justin187 

5 attempts at payment using the same card will cause a fraud lock on the pm end and/or he card issuer end. Inconvenient but better than the alternative!

There has been the odd report of an inexplicable phone number change....a weird glitch indeed. I'm happy to hear it has been resolved.

@Kcbass 

This stuff doesn't happen often but a weird glitch can happen at pm. It's part of pm's charm....not for everyone but for someone like me that has free services then I don't have much to complain about!

Justin187

Yes it was resolved took a day tho. They had to contact my bank because They believe that too many attempts were made to charge my card and so the bank locked the transaction And further transactions from happening. That was what I was told anyway, It wasn't allowing Me to make the first or second attempted payment so not sure how it was too many attempts but I'm grateful it now works. Also the same day my phone number miraculously changed to a Newfoundland and labrador area code and number. (I live in Toronto.) But that was fixed too. I think it was an internal glitch and they just wouldn't admit. Asking if I just ported my device I've been using for over 5 years

Kcbass

@Justin187 

Did you get a resolution for your issue with payment processing?

I also had the same problem at the end of this month's billing period. Used the same card for months, still valid, plenty of funds in the account and used the card at several outlets - both physical and online with no problem. Tried all of the advice given on your post without success. Contacted service support, who only had the same advice. Tried again this morning to remove and re-install the same card and now it is mysteriously working again. I'm with you, if this happens again, I'll be looking elsewhere. Lost 2 days of cell phone service!!

Justin187

Thank you, I have reached out to Customer service just waiting to hear back

@Justin187 

You may have two issues. First check that your card is not expiring at the end of this month. This caused me issues earlier this month with my card not being accepted even though it was still valid.

Second wait one hour before trying again. The system will only allow two attempted payments before locking you out for one hour by just giving you that same message. If you have attempted more than 5 times with the same card you will trigger a fraud lock that only a CSA can remove. Then you must contact customer support as previously provided.

@Justin187 wrote:

using my scotia debit visa, it has been working for years today doesn't work. I tried to remove and add back and won't take card info now. Also I tried clearing cache and different apps to no avail

@Justin187 

Contact CS via the links I posted up there.

@Justin187 wrote:

using my scotia debit visa, it has been working for years today doesn't work. I tried to remove and add back and won't take card info now. Also I tried clearing cache and different apps to no avail

@Justin187   Until you're able to get your payment card sorted purchase a voucher from a gas/convenience store or retailers like London Drugs, SDM or Walmart and load the funds via 611 service.  There's also recharge.com with an additional fee.

Justin187

Justin187

tried to no avail

Justin187

My card was already in the system. couldn't process. I tried to remove and reinstall card won't even be acepted second time. Also I tried to add payment manually still wouldn't process.

I tried clearing the internet cache to no avail. even used different apps to try also not working. I'm using scotia debit visa card, same i've been using for years.  my card has not expired and there is more than enough money in my account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justin187 

you can Remove your credit card and Logout and

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and log in and re entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment Card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details,

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

or 

Spoiler

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

and if can't fix it you need To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Justin187   what kind of debit credit card is that?  PM only accepts Visa Debit card and regular credit card (Amex, Master, Visa)

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Justin187 wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to use my debit credit card that I have been using for years to process my payment but everytime it says can't verify payment info. I have changed nothing. I know there is money in my account as I can see it. Also I have made another purchase elsewhere seconds after my failed attemts to load money onto my public mobile account so I know its not an issue with my debit credit card or address info or for lack of money. Please help, my account payment is due in few days and I don't want to lose service. If I do lose service because I can't load money I promise you I will find a new phone supplier because this is crazy.

@Justin187 

If you don't succeed, ask CS for help:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Try a different browser. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Justin187 wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to use my debit credit card that I have been using for years to process 

@Justin187 

you meant you are trying to add a new debit credit card and fail to add? or you already have this debit credit card on the system , working well before but now PM unable to process payment using it?

if the debit credit card was used and working well before,  on PM , try to do a manual payment again using Amount Due first.  

If fails, try to use "Other" and enter the plan amount +$1 extra to see if it processes

E-Paymt-AmtDue_Other.png

Need Help? Let's chat.