cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pausing subscription

happyguy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do I unsubscribe and de-select autopay when I don't need the service for a couple of months?  Also, if I unsubscribe before the end of my subscription cycle, will my present service continue to work until the end of my subscription cycle?

8 REPLIES 8

@Tamera- You won't lose what you have. It won't pay those rewards while suspended is all. As for any possible freebies, you would need the account to be active to receive any offers if they happen. Of course there's no guarantee of any freebies anyway so we'll see.

Tamera

I would also like to know-do you lose the rewards you have collected if you unsubscribe for a period of time (less than 3 months)?
we have accumulated quite a few”bonus minutes” and data that might cost more to buy it again than it would to pay the cheapest plan ($15/month subscription) while I’m away. 

@happyguy1 wrote:

If, for example, the "subscription will  renew on May 31", does that mean I'll have service until 11:59 PM May 31 if I unsubscribe today?

When I re-activate (toggle on auto-pay), are there are any additional charges for this change besides my regular monthly charges, and would I lose any rewards I've collected?  

@happyguy1 , I can’t seem to get used to the wording of the plan & autopay now both being called subscription! I keep getting confused! 🤣

@happyguy1 

Yes it will expire just before midnight on May 31 but keep in mind it would be EST. I wouldn’t leave it for the last minute just in case you run into issues or your account will be closed, SIM will be useless and your number lost. Maybe at 88 days you should subscribe your account.

happyguy1

If, for example, the "subscription will  renew on May 31", does that mean I'll have service until 11:59 PM May 31 if I unsubscribe today?

When I re-activate (toggle on auto-pay), are there are any additional charges for this change besides my regular monthly charges, and would I lose any rewards I've collected?  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@happyguy1 

The terminology with payment system has changed and it can be confusing. Yes, you can unsubscribe from autopay in your self service account.  You service will continue until the end of this subscription/payment cycle.  Don't forget to re-activate by 90 days or your account will be lost forever. 

MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@happyguy1  Yes sign into your my account go to payments > manages subscription > then tab the toggle that says subscribe (auto pay )

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@happyguy1 

there is no "unsubscribe". You have 90 days grace after latest plan expires ...so if you're only gone for a couple months, I'd just disable Autopay for now. ...BUT make sure to re-enable it before 90 days past last expiry.

edited spelling

unscribe.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.