cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overpayment

Daniela6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, I was looking for an option to buy MB and it turns out that I was charged 2 payments, one for 16 dollars and the other for 22, I activated my 5g to have internet and it turns out that it doesn't work, they can refund the money for the 2 purchases. thank you

3 REPLIES 3

JL9
Mayor / Maire

PM is 3G or 4G throttled then, either way it should still work with a 5G capable phone.What does your account history show ? did you buy a 1GB add on and something else? what was the 20 purchase, did you buy a 20 add on inadvertently? Either way a CSA can sort that out and if there was an error can prob revert it back to your available balance for future renewals or add ons

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Daniela6 - what do you mean you have 5GB and it doesn't work? Have you checked to see if you have any data left? Or, has it never worked before?

Your Self Serve account under your overview section has the most accurate usage, go by that:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

If the data line does not show up, then that normally means you used up all your data allotment this cycle.

esjliv_0-1653238237380.png

If you do see data adds listed above, try below troubleshooting to see if data will work (firstly, ensure your Data is turned on in the settings of your device):

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • try your SIM card into another phone to see if data works

FYI, if you ARE out of data this cycle, note that purchasing an addon is TWO STEPS - Be sure to:
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds 

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

edit typo

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Daniela6 

If the funds are sitting in Available Funds in self service just leave it there and it will be used automatically on the next renewal dates, otherwise….

You will have to contact an agent:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.