cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged

Andy9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card expired and I've entered my new card today and the credit card shows $40 charged twice in less than 2 minutes.

Can you please help me? Also it prompt me to change my login in password. I did and now my account doesn't work it keeps saying wrong login 😐

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Andy9 

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized/Approved charges and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area, then contact Public Mobile Customer Support Representatives (CSA).

There are 2 ways to reach CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

What prompted you to change your login..did you actually choose the Forgot your Password option?

Too many failed attempts may temporarily lock your account access. So wait 15+ minutes before you try again.

Try clearing your browser's cache, or try a different browser or device. Opening a tab in incognito mode may help as well.

If you still cannot access self serve account after this and others suggestions, ask CSA to help.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes @Andy9 this is the easiest way to go and much less hassle. Essentially you won't have to charge your card for your plan again until late July if you go this route/

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Andy9 

If the extra payments are in self service under Available Funds, leave it there and it will be used automatically on the next renewal date. Use the Forgot your password link.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Is there any of those charges 'pending' by any chance?

When was your renewal day?

Is any of those charges showing like this?

Yummy_0-1653238885435.png

Changing CC should not trigger any charges; I am concerned if your CC is somehow compromised?

Need Help? Let's chat.