cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged

mimi2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have being overcharged.  My plan was $35 before tax, after taxe (qc) it should have been somewhere $40.24 but instead, I got charded as $54.04 (2023-01-09).

Please made a refund.

Regards,

Mimi

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Wow this promotional plan is a mess! I've lost count on how many ways I have seen the $20 credit applied?

@mimi2018 

In theory this promotion should correct the way the $20 discount credit is applied. Now that I have seen the accounting of your renewal it looks like it's still a work in progress but it's getting there....?

Essentially the issue with this promotion is that it was never intended to be offered to existing customers however it was coded incorrectly that allowed for the promocode to be applied in our self serve accounts. With any new customer promotion they have to pay in full upfront and the first month's credit ($20 discount) is applied to the account balance later. Once on the promotional plan the system recognizes this and the $20 discount credit shows on the upcoming bill and is applied just before the plan amount is either debited from available funds in the account balance or charged to the autopay card (or a combination of the two).

Along the way it was discovered that those customers who chose to change their plan immediately rather than schedule a change plan on next renewal could get the plan at its discounted price upfront as the $20 discount credit was applied when the system prompted the customer for payment charging $35 to change the plan immediately. The problem with this method is the coding had set the system to automatically apply the first month's $20 discount credit shortly after the new plan was registered as active on an account. Suddenly customers who had already recieved the $20 discount credit upon payment were recieving an extra $20 credit.

To combat this pm coded a "system issue" clawback of the erroneously applied credit. Unfortunately the timing of the "system issue" clawback has not been perfected with it occurring at least once after renewal causing the customers account to be suspended for a shortfall after autopay undercharged the account because the "system issue" clawback was applied too late.....after renewal rather than beforehand.

In your case your discount credit on your renewal changing to the new plan should have applied after renewal occurred when the system can confirm that you have paid and renewed services with the new plan. Instead it applied admist the payment portion of your renewal. After automatic top up (autopay) but before your plan amount was debited which normally occurs in tandem with autopay. 

Needless to say your upcoming bill should reflect both the $20 discount credit sitting in your available funds and the $20 discount credit that should be applied upon renewal but before your autopay card is charged. Your upcoming bill should look like this:

$55/20gb plan - $20(discount credit in available funds)=$35 - $20(discount credit)=$15 - $8 (rewards)=$7+tax (amount due). Then $35 - $8(rewards)=$27+tax for the next 13 months.

Check in on your account once or twice over the next week or so to see if a "system issue" credit/debit is applied. Or just a credit or just a debit? Hopefully it just appears and remains as above and going forward after your next renewal you will be paying $35 - $8(rewards)=$27+tax.

It may not be exactly timed. You got your rewards. It needed $47 more to pay for the $55 plan. Then it gave you the $20 promo leaving you with a $20 balance.

That balance will mean your next renewal on Feb 9 will be $27 unless the $20 comes in sooner. But it might give you that balance after like this one.

mimi2018

mimi2018_0-1673472378837.png

Ok, this is making more sense. It's likely you have $8 in rewards. That promo was a bit messy for current customers. Can you provide images of your payment history since your last renewal of the old plan?

mimi2018

I used to have a 12GB/90days/$120.00 plan that end on 2023-01-09 then auto-switch to the $55/20GB with a promo $20.00 off, 2 months ago.  My current plan showed as $35/20GB but the payment history showed an automatic top-up of the amount of $47.00.

@mimi2018    There is no plan for $47 (net of tax) so it's rather an odd charge for sure.  Do you see an account balance for the extra charge in the account?

Log in to your account and see what plan it thinks you're on. Click any little spinner refresh icons you see to be sure to have updated information.

Still don't know how you got to $47 unless you have some rewards. What plan were you on before your plan change? How much did that used to charge your credit card?

mimi2018

I applied a change of plan of $35 that auto-start on the 2023-01-09 but my credit card showed that I was charged $54.04 ( $47 before tax).

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mimi2018    Did you change plans recently?  What plan are you on?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

hmmm $47. Not sure how you got there. Did you reply to a text offer from here?

Need Help? Let's chat.