cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over autopay plan limit

AlisonG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I cannot see my data usage and have not been able to use any data, so I'm assuming I'm over my limit.  How can I find out what's owed/how much I'm over and pay it?

Thanks so much

10 REPLIES 10

Nubee

Thank you AB test ,  I am missing my Mexican SIM which gave me anywhere in North America any time unlimited !! still public mobile is the best available here so far. Cheers newbie ! 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nubee- Your 25$ plan allows you to use your phone anywhere in Canada.  However, if you need to use it in the US, you will need to purchase a US add-on.  Don't worry about any surprise charges.  With Public mobile, everything is pre-paid.  If it works, you've already paid for it, or it's free.

🙂

Nubee

I live in eastern Canada and I have the $25 auto pay plan to roaming charges apply if I use the phone in western Canada or in the western United States 

@AlisonG  You can go thru your daily usage history for the last 30 days to see if there wasa spike in usage as you can thru the data tracker on your phone to pinpoint a day or two of high usage. You can also go thru your apps and look at individual usage to see if a particular app has caused the problem. Particularly apps that contain video content can be the problem such as YouTube or Instagram.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@NDesai, I thought I read somewhere on the forum that if one buys a data add-on, you don't get that text message, 75% or 95% of data usage? Of course, I look for that message, but personally, I don't think many people use the alt tags as much. 

I am not sure about that as i personally never received a data warning since i use very low amount of data every month.

@NDesai, I thought I read somewhere on the forum that if one buys a data add-on, you don't get that text message, 75% or 95% of data usage? Of course, I look for that message, but personally, I don't think many people use the alt tags as much. 

@AlisonG Did you not get a text from PM saying you are reaching 75% or 95% of data usage? If not, try login into your account using incognito/private browsing mode. Data usage should also show in the Usage tab. Confirm current data usage from your phone settings. If that is near what you have available on your plan, then likely you have used up. 

AlisonG

Thank you for replying.  Apart from the international portion, nothing else appears.  It's so unusual - I've had my account for many years and this has never happened, and I"ve not used anything that uses data heavily.  Is there some way of making sure that reaching my data limit is, in fact, the problem?  Or finding out how I've gotten there?  There doesn't appear to be a technical problem...(no flight mode issues, no problem with text/calls, SIM card, etc).

Thanks again!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@AlisonG PrePaid works differently. Once you use all your data, it will stop working. You will not get charged anything. You are in control of adding more data to your account. You can buy 200 MB for $10 or 1GB for $30. It is a two step process including adding funds to your account and then buying the add-on. 

Some customers are experiencing data outage throughout Canada. So make sure that is not the cause of data not working. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@AlisonG, under My Account > Log In to account

Under the Account  Status: Active scroll down to 'My Data & Add-Ons' and click on UsageScreen Shot 2020-03-07 at 8.35.30 PM.png

Then You should see your usage again and what's left

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 8.36.05 PM.png

*NOTE: Please be advised, access to the data network is temporarily down in some areas of Canada! 

Need Help? Let's chat.