cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outgoing calls not made by me

Bears5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In reviewing my usage, I see the phone has regular 'outgoing calls', all to the same number, but I have not called anyone. Sometimes they are for 30minutes. 

Anyone come across something like this? 

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @LaurenD  I don't think it makes voice call using your phone, maybe it meant those app voice calls? But you can restrict the usage via app info

Hi @Bears5 in case you want to try the extended absence :

• dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

LaurenD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

in the fine print for TikTok and Facebook Messenger, etc it states that it may use your phone to make calls with or without your knowledge

Bears5

Thank you so much!

Bears5

Thank you!!

Bears5

I only have this $15 plan for my kids, for emergencies only, maybe use it 1/month. 

I'm not a fan of that dial code technique (and it currently might not work) as it gives the caller an error.

I would suggest calling into the voicemail and setting up the Extended Absence Greeting which then has an option to stop people from leaving messages. You'll still see the "call" in the usage details. But they won't be 30 minutes.

Bears5

Because my child tried to use the phone and it didn't send multiple texts, and I was texting them from a different phone at the same time, and those texts weren't going through (until later that night they went through), so I was trying to piece together what had happened. I'm still not sure, but while I was checking usage I noticed the outgoing calls.

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @Bears5 there is no way to block particular number ls going to VM.  But you can set to not forward any numbers to VM

Or use the extended absence greeting and turn on the "can't leave messages" feature? The calls will still be forwarded to VM (and will show up in the call log accordingly), but callers can't leave a message. If your extended message says something like: "Please send me a message or e-mail." people (as opposed to bots) know that they have the means to contact you - assuming that they have your other contact information, of course. 😉

Edited to add the message part.

Hi @Bears5 

"disable" voicemail, by dialing *004*8080000000#

Which leaves me wondering why you went in to your usage details just seemingly out of the blue with your low usage phone.

We have heard from a customer or two that seem to be erroneously using minutes on the $15 plan.

Bears5

Oh, how do I do that? On my phone or online pls?

hi @Bears5 there is no way to block particular number ls going to VM.  But you can set to not forward any numbers to VM

Bears5

Thank you!

Bears5

Oh, so they are leaving 30 minutes worth of messages?! Crazy. Okay, I'll just ignore. Or maybe I should learn to use voicemail so I can block them...

The minutes aren't declining, I just wasn't sure what was happening. 

Thank you for the reply!

Hi @Bears5 because you don't use the phone, when people call you , can be those junk calls, they cannot reach you and got forwarded to voicemail.  Those calls will show up on the usage too.  

When callers call in and they end up going to voicemail then it looks like a called number from your phone. Are you on the $15 plan and wondering why minutes are declining?

Bears5

Yes it ends with 4001.  But I haven't checked it ever, I don't know how to do it. And I only use the phone as emergency back up phone, most of the time it's so I never even handle it... so strange.

Thank you for replying!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bears5 

Is the last 4 digit 4001?

That is your voicemail box number.

Need Help? Let's chat.