cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old customer new phone

fsk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I want to purchase a new phone from Public, do I get to keep all my old discounts/bonus's form my old Public account? 

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fsk - fyi - any phone you purchase from Public Mobile on their site you can use with any provider.

When you obtain a new phone, remove your SIM card from your phone and move the SIM card into the new phone.

The account (with rewards and all that) follows the SIM card.

Note, depending on how old the phone is the 3-in-1 SIM cards come in 3 sizes, with removable adapters to fit in the phone's SIM slot. So you should have no issue removing or adding as needed.

esjliv_0-1627525312721.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@fsk 

what may be confusing when you receive it, is that public mobile phones usually include a Sim card.

Don’t worry about using that when you receive it. Keep it as a spare in case you ever lose your existing card or it becomes otherwise unuseable due to damage.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fsk   yes, you can do that. 

and on top of the rewards, , for phone switch.  All you need to do is to take the sim card from the old phone , put it into the new phone and BINGO... 

of course, you might want to backup info from your old phone and restore onto the new phone.

and just in case you find the sim card too big to fit onto the new phone, likely there s a frame outside you can peel it off to make it smaller

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Purchasing phone has nothing to do with your account.

If you currently HAVE a PM account, you can buy phone from PM and you will keep all your rewards.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@fsk  Yes you will keep all your rewards 

Need Help? Let's chat.