number transfer

ranwal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need a new request to transfer my number,because the 90 minutes ran out

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ranwal 

You must go to the carrier you are porting into to restart the porting process. Remember to leave your old SIM in your phone to confirm you are porting out with YES.

Your old SIM should still work until the porting is completed.

@Tsawwassen wrote:

Click on add ons and buy minutes.

Hi @Tsawwassen , I believe the OP is referring to the 90 minutes that is given to respond to the SMS transfer text when porting from one provider to another. Not, that they ran out of minutes in their plan. 🙂

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Click on add ons and buy minutes.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ranwal  transfer in or out?

if porting in there is a number to call to talk to porting support live and they can help

check your community inbox, will send you the phone number

If porting out, then you will have to call the new provider and ask them

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Or, if you are porting your number out of public mobile, make sure the public mobile account is still active and ask your new provider to have them resend the port authorization text

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ranwal  to port over to public mobile...and if you missed the SMS text:

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.