cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number not working for intercom/buzzer of building

Mohammad1964
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I recently moved to Canada and got a new simcart. I am living in Calgary and I gave this number as the buzzer number of my apartment. but when anyone calls this number with an office phone, it says long distance call...how is that possible? we tried my wife's number as well and it says the same, so eventually we had to give our daughter's phone number. Both my wife and my simcart are newly activated...  I am using the 34 CAD 5G subscription and both my wife and I have android phones. Please help us solve this issue.

Thanks! Mohammad

6 REPLIES 6

hi @Mohammad1964 your plan includes Canada wide calling  for you to call anyone in Canada.  But people outside Edmonton to call you, they still need to pay long distance. 

you can change to a Calgary phone number for you PM account

or you can use VoIp app to setup another number for Calgary and use it to receive the buzz. TextNow and Fongo are both good. But you have to make a call once a week to keep the number alive 

Mohammad1964

Yes I am in Calgary now. I thought long distance means being out of country... Is there a solution for solving this issue?

@Mohammad1964 wrote:

It is 825 and 977

hi @Mohammad1964 

you are  in Calgary now?  

825-977 is an Edmonton number.  If your Condo in Calgary, of course they will see long distance call message when trying to call your Edmonton number

Mohammad1964

It is 825 and 977

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Few customers reported over the years that sometimes 'buzzer numbers' have issue with mobile services.

Search through this Community for such cases and potential resolution.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Mohammad1964 

what area code and the next 3 digits of your phone number? 

Need Help? Let's chat.