cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number failed to port

edsel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new sim card from public mobile.  I activated it.  And in the process transferred my existing phone number.  I received an error indicating that porting the number failed.  What do I do now?

5 REPLIES 5

zhenmi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help. My experience was my number was locked with my previous provider and had to call them to unlock first. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@edsel wrote:

I bought a new sim card from public mobile.  I activated it.  And in the process transferred my existing phone number.  I received an error indicating that porting the number failed.  What do I do now?

@edsel was your other provider's phone account still ACTIVE?

If still issues after contacting the porting team via @HALIMACS , submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is the number still working on the old SIM?  What carrier were you with?

- if so try porting again on your PM account.

- Depending on the carrier your number is currently with, you'll need either an IMEI or account account number

- if it failed with the account # before, try with the IMEI.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@edsel   what error you got?

error 821? error 835?

before you try again, wait 15 mins, then PLEASE CHECK your credit card to confirm PM has not taken money out yet

then confirm your number can be ported here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

Also, make sure the account on the old provider is still active

If all, good, you can try again using Incognito mode, but please provide account number of your old provider instead of IMEI

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@edsel 

I'll send you a number in your private messages to call.

To check, click on the envelope upper right.

Need Help? Let's chat.