cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number cannot be ported, is a refund possible?

spoosh1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my number cannot be ported:

Capture.PNG

in this scenario can get a refund on a new activation?

30 REPLIES 30

@spoosh1 porting using IMEI could be chaotic, you could have provided correct IMEI and still got error.  Better to find out the account number first and re-request 

In terms of number eligibility, if the Koodo check comes up negative, it usually means can't be ported here ( nothing to do with organization but purely technical)

You can provide use the area code and the next 3 digits for us to double check 

spoosh1

i think that is correct, my old carrier was IMEI(1) and i provided IMEI2.
so then the advice is provide the IMEI of the existing provider. that is not explicit in the documentation. not sure why it registered to IMEI2 though.

i do not have the account number due to it being an organization and the weekend.

@spoosh1 wrote:

a useful tidbit: when providing IMEI number provide the IMEI NOT IMEI2:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number
this is not clearly stated in the documentation. after providing IMEI my sim got registered to IMEI2. I did do some mucking about so i dont have clean proof but atleast with public provide IMEI fo eSIM.

Public Mobile wouldn't be able to say to use IMEI over IMEI2, nor can that advice be used in all cases.  It's whichever IMEI that the old carrier that is using that would be the correct one for number porting. In many cases, that could be IMEI2.    Also, the account number should be used instead of IMEI whenever possible.

spoosh1

a useful tidbit: when providing IMEI number provide the IMEI NOT IMEI2:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number
this is not clearly stated in the documentation. after providing IMEI my sim got registered to IMEI2. I did do some mucking about so i dont have clean proof but atleast with public provide IMEI fo eSIM.

I had understood the koodo check as being about rate centres and whether or not Telus is in the same rate centre. Or something like that. I would not have anticipated that would have been anything to do with an organization.
Are you willing to share your first 6 digits?

spoosh1

i own the device, it is being moved out of the organization that it was owned by

spoosh1

its something to do with the number as it is being moved out of an organization, check failed with koodo, lucky and public. authorization is on the organization not the number

Well then that throws the koodo check out the window as it's apparently unreliable now. Thanks.

spoosh1

yes

@spoosh1  we we are happy it all worked out for you welcome to public mobile 🙂

spoosh1

i did run into a porting issue,  as I received a text from public mobile stating i had "entered an incorrect ESN/MEID".

So the Koodo check said ineligible but you have now successfully ported and incoming calls are working on the new esim?

spoosh1

@dust2dust @MetaMorpheusMob @Handy1 @Chalupa_Batman after calling the porting department I was able to get the number to port, I had authorization, I do not know why it says ineligible. I have talked to support in our organization and our bell representative and both have said I can port the number before.

I did run into an eSIM issue where it would not install. I provided IMEI2 rather than IMEI which I though would work but failed, buying a new eSIM with an updated IMEI (not IMEI2) worked.

@dust2dust wrote:

Wait, you replied to a response from user KennethJAdams about the koodo number check and said it was not eligible. So which is it? Have you now been able to port?

I'm also confused because the porting department isnn't suppsoed to open new port requests.  The only thing that I can think is that the OP might have already submitted a porting request and that the screenshot int he first post might be from the customers trying to perform the proting a second time from Self Serve.

Wait, you replied to a response from user KennethJAdams about the koodo number check and said it was not eligible. So which is it? Have you now been able to port?

spoosh1

number was able to be ported thanks to @Handy1 . i had auth on the number

@spoosh1 wrote:

number is not eligible.

This is the crux of the problem. Some numbers simply can not be ported. No amount of permissions and authorizations will change that.

@Chalupa_Batman  Yes Ty I missed that part 

Just to let you know @Handy1 that won't help. Bell has frozen the number from being ported because it's a company phone. Bell has to remove the freeze first before PM can port it over. Even the port people won't be able to do anything. I am speaking from experience. I tried to help a co worker port from Bell over to PM. PM couldn't do it because the number is an "Organization" number and there's a freeze on porting. We had to get a letter from our company allowing the release of this number. Bell had to physically go in and remove the freeze. 

There's your answer right there. It's an "Organization" phone. Therefore they are not portable. You may have permission which is fine and dandy but you need to provide that copy to Bell and speak to someone personally to make sure the non port clause is lifted off the number.

@spoosh1  There’s a number for live support to help give status update and re trigger the port request will send it to you private message . 

spoosh1

the bell account is active, and i have authorization on the account from my organization to port the number.

@spoosh1  Bell shouldn’t be an issue is the bell account still active ? It needs to be if it is please use one of the provided links to support to help . 

Then sadly you may be SOL. There may also be an underlined issue. Are you over due on your Bell account? You may wish to contact Bell to find out why you're unable to port. I'd find out from them first and report back to us.

spoosh1

number is not eligible.

spoosh1

I am porting from bell

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@spoosh1  One other thing are you trying to port number from Koodo pre paid by any chance ? If that’s the case you need to create account with temp PM phone number then get support to port number for you 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@spoosh1  You would have to ask support for that if it’s possible 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @spoosh1 

I am sorry to hear that you’ve encountered an error with the porting process. With Public Mobile being pre-paid there often is no refunds but please reach out to customer service and they might be able to help you out.

The below link will allow you to private message a customer support agent directly in order to get support.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in. 

Need Help? Let's chat.