cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not working any more in USA

MartinSinclair1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been in USA 4-5 days now and suddenly my mobile can't call Canada anymore. I paid for the add-on the first day.

7 REPLIES 7

MartinSinclair1

thanks. works today

MartinSinclair1

Seems to be sending messages today. Perhaps it was a Canadian outage like you suggested yesterday

MartinSinclair1

I have a Chinese Oppo mobile. I have been calling Winnipeg in central Canada for a week now but yesterday suddenly said WOULDN'T CONNECT TO A MOBILE NETWORK. The phone I'm calling is not on Public Mobile. How do I connect to AT&T or T Mobile?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MartinSinclair1 

but does data work?  if data works, download VoIP app like TextNow and make calls using the app

and also if it also be a general issue regular VoIP.  What phone you have? you can try to connect to T-Mobile and see if its 2G helps to make the call

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MartinSinclair1 

can you call any US number? There is some voice problem in Canada now, affect some users, not sure if that is the reason.  

And the one you called also using Public Mobile? try to call another friend using Rogers, or Bell or landline

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @MartinSinclair1 

Try rebooting your phone. If that doesn't work, go into your network settings, turn off automatic and pick T-Mobile and reboot your phone. If that doesn't work, try AT&T and reboot. One of those two should work. Of course make sure data roaming is turned on.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MartinSinclair1 

There seems to be outages in eastern Canada. This could be the problem.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Where were you calling?

Need Help? Let's chat.