cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

George01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i phone xr , i cant send or receive text or phone calls . already missed a day of work because of no phone . need help badly

18 REPLIES 18

@George01   Yes they are Koodo but they usually also do PM.  It seems once in a while unfortunately there is someone at the porting team that doesn't think they do Public Mobile ports but we are giving out that number frequently without problems.  Rather than try again and hope to get someone else, send a private message to Public Mobile support as suggested earlier, if you  haven't already done that.  The link again is 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

George01

they told me they were koodo and wouldn't help so i changed my number and still struggling with getting things to work . if i leave the house i have nothing even though i have wifi turned off at home and have 30g of data , nothing works unless i am home and it makes absolutely no sense to me . thinking new phone and new provider by end of day if it wasn't soo expensive

@George01  Hopefully you won't need to change your number.  Did you call the porting team phone number that @softech gave you?

George01

reactivating lucky is not an option as it is almost 50 bucks to do that , i would rather just change my number

@George01 wrote:

i can make out going calls but cant receive any , data seems to work . not sure what you mean by "can your sim connects to PM network"

@George01 

since you can make outgoing calls, your sim is connecting to PM network

But since you cannot receive incoming calls, it seems  your porting was not completed. 

Was your Lucky account active when you request porting?  did you ever get a text from Lucky asking your permission to port the number? did you reply YES within 90 mins?   If porting really not done, you need to reactivate your Lucky account so PM can request the port with Lucky mobile (an activate account from source provider is needed for all porting request)

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

George01

i can make out going calls but cant receive any , data seems to work . not sure what you mean by "can your sim connects to PM network"

George01

yes i did and now that service is expired .

@George01 wrote:

yes i actually updated as well , but if i shut off my wifi i have no service at all

@George01 Wifi would have no connection with your voice calls

First, can your sim connects to PM network?

Can you make outgoing calls? 

Can you receive incoming calls?

does data work while wifi is off?.

@George01 

Then best to private message Lucan (agent) back and they can retry again.

Just curious, did you reply with YES to confirm the porting process with the Lucky SIM in your phone within the 90 minute window?

George01

yes i actually updated as well , but if i shut off my wifi i have no service at all

@George01 

After the CS_Agent re-provision the SIM, did you reboot your phone? Power off your phone wait for about 10 second and power back on to see if that works.

George01

been trying to get help from service since yesterday , one agent said they reprovisioned and havent heard from them again and i still have no service . my wife was gonna switch after i did but not now

@George01 

If the old SIM works then it sounds like porting was incomplete. Just reach out to a CS_Agent to complete the porting.

@George01  Then use the link to supports sounds like the sim needs to be reprovisioned on the back end 

@George01 

If you cannot even make calls, your sim card was not provisioned properly.  Easy fix for PM support, please open ticket with PM support , they will have it fixed quickly

George01

tried all the above , i just signed up yesterday and my phone hasnt worked since . if i put the old sim ( lucky mobile ) back in it works fine but that sim is now expired and public isnt working

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@George01 

new account or existing subscriber for sometime?

Try to reboot the phone, try click Reset Network Settings

Try your PM sim in aonther phone if you have one, it could force a sim reprovision and an resolve your problem quickly

And try your phone in another area, it could be a local network outage

If nothing work, open ticket with PM support and ask them to reprovision your account on the system:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@George01  Did your credit card expire . Is the account active ? Did you happen  to have plan set to change on renewal ? . Have you tried to reboot the phone also check 

Outage map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

if worst case submit ticket with support to investigate 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.