cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data reported used not consistent

Hamodi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan (20 GB / month) reports usage of 17.23 GB from Dec 14- to Dec 28. The billing cycle starts on Dec1 4.

When I add up actually data used per day, it only amounts to 3.72 GB during the same time-period.

Is Public Mobile misreporting data used to lower actual consumption?  Why the discrepancy?

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 14.06.23.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-29 at 14.06.53.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hamodi  Could be website just noticed this in my account 

Handy1_0-1703881778876.jpeg

Hamodi

Thank-you, I will.

Hamodi

Why does Public Mobile report that I used 17.23 GB of data, when in fact I only used 3.72?  The 3.72 GB data comes from compiling data usage from Public Mobile website manually. It has nothing to do with how my phone handles data.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hamodi: Interesting issue indeed; I can't think of any explanation for this. On my account I do see a 100Mb discrepancy normally but nothing more than that. In any case recommend contacting the service-agent at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and asking for an explanation.

RattlesnakeArmy

Could also be that your phone thinks photos/videos are data, but Public Mobile lets you send unlimited (hence discrepancy).

@Hamodi  So do you have wifi assist on ? This could be why your using cell data even thou you think your only on wifi 

@Hamodi  No worries in the post you marked  a solution tap the down arrow by time stamp and edited it not solution 

Hamodi

i accidentally clicked on this as a solution - this is NOT a solution, it does not even address my original question.

Hamodi

That is not the issue - it is data consuption reported by the website

@Hamodi  You have iPhone ? If so turn wifi assist off if you do . Even on wifi with wifi assist it can use your cell data even thou you think your only using wifi 

Hamodi

I am not using data reported on my phone. I am using Public Mobile's website only - data reported on the bar graph is 17.23GB , but when I add data manually reported in "Usage History" it adds up to 3.72 GB. 

Hamodi

There has been no usage at all over the last 24 hours as I am connected to wifi only. Data consumed was 6-12  days ago when I was in Montreal. Data reported on the bar graph is 17.23GB , but when I add data manually reported in "Usage History" it adds up to 3.72 GB.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hamodi  Website only updates the data usage 2x a day so your seeing the last 12 hours used when checking on site it’s best 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1703876885944.jpeg

For most up to date account info

also make sure you don’t have data limit set in your phone also and remember it’s every 30 days not monthly 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile and phones add up the data differently, while your phone might say 5GB Public Mobile say 3GB. Not sure why this is.

Need Help? Let's chat.