cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service on my phone

asippley111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my sim card on my PC and then put the sim card in my phone, opened it and selected cellular service Public Mobile and there is no service, what do I do from here

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi there @asippley111 ,

Have you been able to obtain service since your post? Or are you still getting "no service"?

1. Was your credit card charged?
  2. What phone do you have?
  3. And can you try your SIM in another compatible phone to see if you are still getting that message?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would first try to restart your phone,

if that doesnt do it then I would remove and reinsert your sim card.

Do you see public mobile at the top of your screen for the service provider?

If you just ported it may take some time, some cases have taken a few days it just resolved on it own. 

@BKNS27 wrote:

Are you porting over your old phone number or are you getting a new number from PM?

If this is for a new number, power off the phone then insert the SIM then power up the phone.

Whether a number is being ported in doesn't chage the timeframe for service to start working. Activation takes the same amount of time, and even if a port in was done, it shouldn't say no service.  Incoming calls and texts just wouldn't work if porting wasn't complete. Everyrthing else would work immediately.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Are you porting over your old phone number or are you getting a new number from PM?

If this is for a new number, power off the phone then insert the SIM then power up the phone.

@asippley111 

It may take time to initiate.

You can try powering off your phone, remove SIM card, reboot phone, reinsert SIM card, reset network connections.

mateusth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try to remove and put it back again 

Need Help? Let's chat.