cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service for plan I pay for.

Areyoustupid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have checked my talk usage plan of 100 minutes and have no minutes used but yet when I try to call, it says I have no more minutes left.

This support really sucks. Where is the human to human contact.

41 REPLIES 41

@Areyoustupid  - i

Install an app for a free voip phone number with Fongo. This way, you can call your Public Mobile number to access your voicemail (from your Public Mobile device) using your Fongo number, and this WILL NOT take away any of your outgoing minutes.

You can also use this voip number to make other outgoing calls as well. I find the quality of the call is not as good as Public Mobile, but hey, it's free. 🙂

When people call you and get connected to your voicemail, but do not leave a message, this will register in your call history. 

But don't worry anyone calling you this way, or leaving a message on your voicemail does not use up your 100 minute outgoing plan minutes.

@Areyoustupid   Most of us on that plan have added 500 mins add-on which is only $5 and remaining minutes from it stay with your plan until completely depleted, so unless you make more than 500ish mins per cycle, you can easily purchase the add on instead. 

BTW, how long have you been with PM?  If before Dec. 2021, then you should have received the free 500 international mins plus 2GB data holiday gifts in Dec. and those minutes also allow you to call domestically, although it's best to leave those minutes for international calls and buy the inexpensive domestic add-on to use instead.

Areyoustupid

I must rephrase my comment about community support. Now that I have experienced this website, then I most certainly recommend this for issues. Was completely wrong how to go about this.

A few notes about these logs.

1) I did not carefully review my usage list that it had many pages.

2) There were many numbers with 4001 (voicemail) not sure if those minutes counted.

3) Was surprised how many .30 sec numbers listed affected my usage. May have to upgrade.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Areyoustupid  to add to @dust2dust post, if you see "All" in your detail history, this will not take from your Outgoing minutes (if you are on the in-market $15 plan).

Originating Location
All

IF you see a Province listed, this will take from your Outgoing plan minutes.

This is all presuming you are seeing your voicemail number though. Is it your voicemail number listed that you see, or is there really other number that showing as outgoing calls?

edit, whoops, tagged you twice there dust2dust.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

🙂 All activity gets logged in the usage logs. Calls in, calls out, calls missed that go to voicemail even just a hangup, voicemails left. If you see a bunch of destination calls ending in 4001 (there are others) then that's your phone going to voicemail. But they shouldn't be eating minutes.

You long holding 1 to get to voicemail would. Your calls out would. Not toll-free.

@Areyoustupid wrote:

I think my new user name is AMISTUPID ...))

@Areyoustupid  - no, don't think so. Because you came here for help! 🙂

Does the number end in 4001, or any of these numbers? 

Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

If it does not show any of these numbers and you do not recognize the numbers that are being called, I would be concerned about why this is. 

There have been reports of spoofing numbers, but I can't see who how your minutes would get used up.

edit

@Areyoustupid   Lol...  For those outgoing calls you mention does the number end in 4001?  Because that would be PM's voicemail number which is recorded in the usage minutes everytime someone leaves a message.

Areyoustupid

I think my new user name is AMISTUPID ...))

Areyoustupid

Well after reviewing my usage, it is clear I reached my 100 min consumption. But I do not know who are the numbers being called. No one else has access to my phone and I will try to attempt why these out going calls were made. Apologize for all unnecessary issues I have reported. It was my fault for not carefully reviewing ALL the pages of the calls..

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Areyoustupid   Perhaps you are on the old (first version of the $15 plan) which only allowed 100 mins in/out?  It all depends when you activated as that plan was only available for a couple of months (IIRC) and was soon replaced with unlimited incoming mins.

@Areyoustupid wrote:

agent say in my account reports 03/18/2022 until 04/04/2022 reports 100 min has been used. But when I look at my usage for same period..1 outgoing call 04/04/2022 1.46 and 04/04/2022 3.19 ..all the rest are incoming calls.

You can go back to your renewal date of your last play renewal, here to see all your usage for calling. It may be cumbersome to go through though.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/

If you really dispute the outage of minutes, and the detail history is really not matching up, ask that CSA in the ticket you opened for a detail usage of outgoing calls with details so you can review it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did you start with this plan?

The $5 500 minute Canada-wide add-on is a great deal for the limited minute plan. It just stays on the account until all used after you've used the 100 minutes.

What do you mean, @Areyoustupid ?

The time of each call IS noted within your usage history, you simply need to take to time to scroll through the pages, count all the calls, and the associated time of each call.   

Remember, DON'T just add the total talk time, add the individual #'s of outgoing calls, and when the time starts into the next minute, you need to count that call as the next higher minute.   (i.e. a call of 2 min, 1 sec, is 3 minutes toward your allotment)

Areyoustupid

Then the time should be noted in the usage..!!

This may help put things into perspective, @Areyoustupid 

You could make 100 calls, each lasting just a few seconds.  (i.e. if you call someone, get voicemail, then hang up, that's 1 minute), and that counts as your full allotment. 

So even if the TOTAL talk time amounts to 5-6 minutes, if they are from 100 separate calls, it still counts as 100 minutes because of the billing by the minute, not by the second.   Also, bear in mind when a call 'connects', be it to a person or voicemail, the ring time counts as time toward that calling.

Areyoustupid

agent say in my account reports 03/18/2022 until 04/04/2022 reports 100 min has been used. But when I look at my usage for same period..1 outgoing call 04/04/2022 1.46 and 04/04/2022 3.19 ..all the rest are incoming calls.

Hi @Areyoustupid , just work with CS Agent and they will get to the bottom of it.

Areyoustupid

agent responded. Some confusion to usage being reported.

Hi @Areyoustupid , usually they reply quick.  If you don't see any reply in another 2 hours,  please reply in the message once more, that could push them for a quicker answer

@Areyoustupid    Sometimes this can work for some reason.  It's worth a try IMO...

Areyoustupid

I have opened a ticket. The agent requested information but has not responded yet.

Areyoustupid

I doubt very much removing the SIM and rebooting will resolve the issue. Also a strange message telling me it will reactivate my plan or minutes in 7 days..!!!

Hi @Areyoustupid did you check each page in your Usage log and look for lines with outgoing calls?  Not sure how you come up with 4 min and 65 sec, probably it is time to open ticket with PM CS Agent

Please open ticket with PM CS Agent to sort that out.  open a ticket with Chatbot at: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Areyoustupid wrote:

well my 4min and 65 secs do not round up to 100 mins used..!!!

@Areyoustupid   Agreed, but it's quite easy to use up the 100 mins with all the seconds being rounded up plus the same with voicemail retrieval.  If rebooting hasn't helped, try powering off and removing the SIM and after a couple of minutes reinsert and reboot.

Areyoustupid

well my 4min and 65 secs do not round up to 100 mins used..!!!

@Areyoustupid   So just to clarify, you know that all minutes are rounded up so a call lasting 1 min 10 secs would deduct 2 mins from your available mins?

Areyoustupid

It is not listed and yes I know it states if not listed that it has been all used up. But I only used 4min and 54 secs in the last 41 days. Voicemail is completely empty. I rarely use voice mail. There was an outage about 2hrs ago. No internet but it came back and eveything seems to be normal. This problem started to appear before the outage..

@Areyoustupid wrote:

I have been able to call before

@Areyoustupid  - are you able to share what it shows in your overview section of your self serve account, similar to what @HALIMACS posted above?

If you Plan Minute line item is not listed then that normally means you have used up your 100 outgoing minutes. Note, checking your voicemail from your device also used your outgoing plan minutes. So check voicemail from another phone and call your phone to avoid this.

Also, check for outages in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

If no outages reported in your area, and your minute line is showing in your self serve, then submit a ticket with CSA by either method provided by @JK8 . You just need to select the link, inside the link to see the methods.

Areyoustupid

I have been able to call before

@Areyoustupid  - have you ever been able to make calls?

The Mobile Connections in your phone could be listed as WCDMA (rather than 3G) do you see this in your settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.