cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data

aderana828
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I am not able to use data on my phone. I checked my usage and I haven't used up my allowance and I restarted my phone a few times already but still no luck. 

Can support help?

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

@aderana828 wrote:

I checked on my self serve account. 

I heard that I would need to switch to koodo network for me to use the data? Is that true? I thought koodo and PM are still two separate entities under Telus!

That's not true.  Both Koodo and Public Mobile use the same network.  The explanation that you just gave sounds as if someone was suggesting to you to manually select the network in the phone's settings or a Koodo salesperson trying to convince you to switch cellular brands.

@aderana828 wrote:

I heard that I would need to switch to koodo network for me to use the data? Is that true? 

No,  this is untrue.  

Your phone can receive calls, so, it is not an issue about locked phone.  

Telus owns both Koodo and PM, so, in terms of using the data on the phone, it's pretty much the same (other than the speed)

Can you confirm what have you tried so far?

1. Did you try to Reset network ?

2. Did you try putting your PM Sim in another phone?

3.  Are you sure you have Mobiel Data turned on  on your device?

and , can you confirm what brand and model is your phone?  

Provide us more info and we can try to help better

aderana828
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I checked on my self serve account. 

I heard that I would need to switch to koodo network for me to use the data? Is that true? I thought koodo and PM are still two separate entities under Telus!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

When you say you checked your usage. Did you check on your phone or in your self serve account? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aderana828 did you try to out your SIM in another phone to confirm if it is a device issue?

And what brand and model is your phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @aderana828 try Reset Network and see if it works.

If still not work, let us know what kind of phone is that, it is usually a APN settings problem and just need to modify it

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@aderana828    Have you checked if the data line is available under My Data/Add-ons in your self serve account?

Have you been able to use it previously?  It could be an issue with APN settings, so you could check with what's required according to PM's APN settings here: 

Android:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Iphone:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone

Need Help? Let's chat.