cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sign in,

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

hi I just signed in a new family member to PM,over the weekend, porting in from landline takes longer I heard(so far nothing yet), but the charging cycle already started immediately, no refer point (1dollar) and $10 received yet

13 REPLIES 13

yackinlyn

update: the agent said the refer code was not entered which is weird, there is another post says the same thing.but the agent told me he added for me, so we''ll see what happened within 72 hours, must be a glitch.

Thanks for confirming @darlicious  

So, when you have many referrals, people come and go , you really only see an friend referral points amount at every renewal date on My Rewards but no way to track who left and who just joined

This is worst on a month you bring a new referral but then another one left (or suspended) that you are not aware of.  You would see the same Point amount thinking the new referral was not added.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Correct. The points rewards account only lists chronologically your points earnings and redemptions. I will add a new image to my thread shortly which will help sort of....?

Except you do get the Cha-ching text the following day after activation or when the referral code is added manually.

@darlicious   so, on the new rewards, let say if my coming renewal is New year day (1st), I referred someone yesterday.  I won't know anything until after  the transaction happened on Jan 1st.  No where on My Rewards will see that new referral, right?  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech @JK8 

From what I can recall points are added after payment upon renewal (get back and referrals) and upon purchase of add ons (get back). I removed the dates for privacy in this screenshot but I can doublecheck....but I think the community reward (give back) was added on the same date as everyone else. Anniversary points are given on your anniversary of your activation not the date your points rewards account was "opened" unless they coincide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Public-Points-Rewards-Tracking-points/td-...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@yackinlyn 

You might as well get the family member to contact customer support to add the referral code now because waiting won't change anything. $$ Rewards members always recieve the $1 reward and the updated phone number in their accounts moments after the activation completes or the referral code is manually added to the account. Only the $10 bonus referral credit can vary in its time til added between 24 and 72 hours later. And the $25 ($5×5 month credit) can be completely YMMV?!!

yackinlyn

softtech send me the porting team, thankyou

yes the new member got 5 points of welcome,and 0.75x3,  but no $10 yet(does it still exist?)i signed him on sunday, today is thursday. i''ll follow up later for the $1 refer.

i ported out from fondo home phone(still active right now), patiently waiting....

yackinlyn

thanks for your message, I''ll wait for a little bit longer. other family member is on old rewards(we love it),so that means $1 still? I checked the phone numbers it is not there yet.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@yackinlyn 

Depending on the landline provider most will complete porting within 2 business days but can take 7+days to complete (the landline stops working and incoming calls go to the pm Sim card/phone.) The pm Sim card should have all other services working....mobile data, texts in/out and outgoing calling.

However assuming you are on the old $$ rewards program it sounds as though there was a referral code glitch during activation and the referral code while entered and accepted on your end did not register on the account as you should have seen the $1 and the last 4 digits of the phone number appear in your rewards account immediately after activation. The $10 bonus referral credit would arrive within 72 hours but usually the next day. Depending on the time of activation you should have recieved the Cha-ching text the following day at 2pm eastern.

Have your family member contact customer support to add your referral code if they include your phone number the CSA can ensure the correct referral code is used. Set a reminder to check for the first $5 credit of the bonus $25 ($5×5 months) to be added the last week of January for both you and your family member....you should recieve a text message confirming the $5 credit has been added to your account.

If your family member wants to check on the status of their port we can send you the telus porting department phone # via private message and you can pass that along with a reminder to also have their landline account # handy when they make the call.

If customer support gives any malarkey over the referral code and bonus credit promotion report back here or you can send me a private message if necessary there's been a few agents with boots to big for their britches lately on eligibility for the $25 bonus credit.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

@JK8 from what I know , new Rewards system does not show phone number for referrals like old one.  Also, rewards (at least friends and Community rewards) take longer to be posted there.   Not sure exactly how long it takes.    

@darlicious  you have an account with new rewards, don't you?  can you comment on this?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Does it now take longer for the $1 or phone number to show up on the account of the person giving out the referral code? Was it instantaneous before?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yackinlyn   yes, porting from landline could take 3 to 7 business days.  

I can send you a number to call the Porting support team and ask your family member to call that number to confirm the porting status.  Please check your community inbox

Referral amount on new account should up within 72 hours

For you the 1 Referral point , assuming you are on new Public Points, could show up a bit later.

For the referral, if you are worry, please ask your family member, the one who just joined, to open a single ticket with PM Support for both of you and ask them to check

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.