cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to buy add on?

tracies1111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm going to the states for a few days in a couple weeks and was wondering will I need to buy a US Roaming  add on? I have this currently showing under my add ons, will that work for using my phone in the US? As you can see I haven't used them before really. Now will I need a US data add on? Is data different for there or will my current data be fine?

tracies1111_0-1721751122834.png

2 REPLIES 2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tracies1111 , these calling add-ons are for use in Canada.  You need to buy roaming add-ons which all have a 15 day expiration period.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tracies1111 those LD addon are to call overseas FROM Canada, and not to be used when you are in US

If you are in US, you will need to buy proper roaming addon to use the service  There are different one to choose:

Bundle - US Roaming - Talk, Text and 3GB Data (15 days)- $30 (25 Reward points)
Bundle - US Roaming - Talk and Text (15 days) - $15 (10 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 250 MB Data (15 days) - $10.00 (5 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 1GB Data (15 days) - $20.00 (15 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 3GB Data (15 days) - $25.00 (20 Reward points)

US data has a 15 days expiry, it will start right after the purchase is completed successfully.  So, you can wait till closer to your trip to buy it

Also, a reminder, when you are in US, make sure you try to connect to T-Mobile and AT&T network. If it does not connect automatically, then change the Network connection to manual and select try  T-Mobile and AT&T manuall.  

If you roaming purchase includes data, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data on your phone.  Change network mode to 4G/LTE  

If your roaming purchase includes voice, enable VoLTE on your device and you might be able to use VoLTE for voice.  But if not, your phone should change to 2G network on T-Mobile ONLY and test voice calls 

Need Help? Let's chat.