cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my friend got sms offered $24 for 4g, but some one got 10g, sadly i have none offer at all. why ?

yyjyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

why are they even different, i am a long time customer

18 REPLIES 18

Frank52

Hopefully they are simply being sent manually a bit at a time. Perhaps you'll get your targeted promotion soon! 

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@yyjyyj 

Public Mobile (Telus) has its own criteria.

Subscriber location, payment history, data usage habits, local network demands, all these things and more could be parameters in their secret formula. They could just go alphabetically until they hit their quota. They could have a rotating schedule to determine which people in which categories get the offer each time around. They could ask a psychic or just get the computers to pick randomly.

The decisions are made by managerials armed with statistics. They don't have to (and probably won't) make any sense at all to real people in the real world.

yyjyyj

sadly i lost 4/5 referal during last two months . i have been using 4 years,coming to the 5th this summer(capped loyalty sadly)

I dont know many people, how do you find new referal lol and lots of people they dont like web customer service. if I lose them all, i am going to switch myself I guess.

IcedLemon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the 10GB offer today and have been using Public Mobile for 4years. My wife, on the other hand, received 4GB offer and been using Public Mobile for 5years. I have a better plan than hers which I think one of the reasons why I was offered a better deal. Furthermore, I’ve been referring friends more than her so I also got bigger monthly discount so that maybe counts too. Keep referring and you might get a better offer next time 🙂

4GB for only $25 bucks is not bad at all 🙂

yyjyyj

maybe they just randomly sent.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @yyjyyj 

Read this link I posted earlier. For me it's a funny offer.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/29-10GB-4G-offers-via-text-messa/m-p/11285...

Oddly enough and I really can't say why but as you can somewhat see I even got the other offer before and I said yes.

yyjyyj

thx

@yyjyyj  On the website main page you can make sure you don’t miss out on email offers

Handy1_0-1705112776498.png

and you can also ask support to ensure you number is set to receive special text offer messages and ask about the plan you want at the same time 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

yyjyyj

i am on $15 now, but keeping losing friends recently

yyjyyj

i am poor lol and light user

yyjyyj

i dont remember, how can i de-stop this

yyjyyj

I lost at 4 referals duing these two months, people leaving public moble! If lost them of, there wont be a reason I stay honestly

@yyjyyj wrote:

why they were even offered different data? i am debating myself , bc i am a light user, most of the time i have access to wifi

@yyjyyj , have you ever respond STOP to Public Mobile marketing offers?  That would disable any future marketing offers.  If not, what plan are you currently on?  It seems like those on the $15 plan are offered the $24/4GB plan and those on the $25/1GB plan are offered the $29/10GB plan.  

@yyjyyj  Because the ultimate goal is to upsell these customers to a higher monthly spend 

yyjyyj

why they were even offered different data? i am debating myself , bc i am a light user, most of the time i have access to wifi

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@yyjyyj 

those offers were / are for new activations only ...BUT...there's evidence that if you message Custome Support and ask nice, you might be able to get the $24 plan. The other offers are gone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yyjyyj  .these are targeted offers for some lucky customers . Not everyone gets the offer 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@yyjyyj: I don't know how the algorithm at Public Mobile works when giving people offers to upgrade, but what you can do is ask the service agent nicely by direct message; https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And my guess is with a little bit of luck you might get an upgrade. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.