cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my first time loading up phone and bought 28 dollar voucher for a 27 dollar plan and total is$ 28.15

wylee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

$25 is my plan so i bought a $28 voucher and as with other cell companys the plan went past $28 bucks. so tell me what do i do? o and this my first time on pm network

15 REPLIES 15

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@ wylee, Hi there! If your services aren't still working, please do send us a private message with your phone# and pin# for further assistance. Link on how to do so:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...  . Thank  you! 

wrote:

$25 is my plan so i bought a $28 voucher and as with other cell companys the plan went past $28 bucks. so tell me what do i do? o and this my first time on pm network

Taxes are added on top of any voucher amount that you purchase.  The reason for it coming out to more than $28 is because of the fact that the retailer needs to charge you sales tax.

@wyleewrote:

yes not everybody is grabbing the almighty dollar. 

What phone model is it?

Login to your self-serve account and see if the plan was corectly activated. 

wylee

yes not everybody is grabbing the almighty dollar. 

@wyleewrote:

ok I bought myself a plan and now my phone is displaying "no sim"

any suggestions?

Is your phone unlocked? Did you try rebooting?

wylee

ok I bought myself a plan and now my phone is displaying "no sim"

any suggestions?

@wylee As mentioned above, the plan price is $27+tax without the $2 Autopay which you get under your account after activation if you use credit card as a payment and enable during activation. Since you bought $25 voucher ($25x12% tax), you need additional $2 to cover the plan cost. I suggest to use a credit card for now and use the voucher for future payments. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The talk and text plan is actually a @$27 plan.  If you sign up for auto-payment by credit card, it is $25.  In this case, you would need to add the difference by credit card (I think you should be able to do it), or you will need another voucher for at least $2.

So you bought a 28$ voucher, and there was no tax or service fee? 

wylee

$28 is  what I paid for voucher no more no less.

Iam short less than $1 to activate the $25 unlimited talk and text plan. The plan said $25 +$2 for some fee.

frustrated

Which plan are you trying to activate? What is the face value on the voucher; not what you paid as that will include service fee and taxes?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

wylee

ok in simple laymans terms.

bought $28 voucher because the plan was $25. + $2. for a fee of some kind.

So i activate sim and picked the plan and was going to punch in my voucher numbers when the total came past $28.

maybe its  another fee I wasnt aware of.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wylee;  @Anonymous provided a possible explanation.  However, as mentioned, if that is not the problem you are facing, you need to provide additional details.

wylee

so is anybody going to answer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @wylee.When it comes to vouchers, the amount of the voucher is what is applied against your plan fee.  So, if your plan is $28, you need a $28 (or more) voucher.  The tax is paid at the time you buy the voucher.  After that, you simply apply your voucher against the plan fee.

As for what you mention about a $25 plan going past $28, what do you mean?  If it is showing $25 + tax = $28.xx, then all you need is a $25 voucher.  You will not be taxed twice.

Please elaborate if this explanation doesn't match your situation.

wylee

And there nobody to help me.still no phone service.

posting for who? im sad

Need Help? Let's chat.