cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple pending credit card charges

James90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to activate a new account yesterday but the app/website kept getting errors during the payment screen so I ended up having three pending charges on my credit card despite not being able to activate. When I try to log in again, it immediately sends me directly to the pre activation screen and when I click resume activation, it sends me to the payment screen again but I'm scared of getting charged for the fourth time. How do I get these charges cancelled or reversed?

9 REPLIES 9

James90

No, I haven't gotten any emails at all from Public and I can't view anything on my account as when I log in it just sends me all the way back to the pre-activation screen telling me to resume activation and pay again lol

khraeohn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you getting any e-mails that say "Congrats. You are new a member of Public Mobile?"

Also Pending charges are not charges. It's a pre-auth. It's just a way for the merchant to check that you have those funds. There's actually nothing to refund since they don't actually charge the card. It's just showing the potential for those charges to be applied.

James90

The error I'm getting is M.8701. I do not have service because I can't even complete the activation. I keep getting this error on the payment screen when I click proceed payment yet my card keeps getting charged.

HI @James90 

sorry for what you have gone through, but do you have active service now?

and of course you can ask for the refund for the couple extra charges PM took.  Please submit ticket with PM support

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

khraeohn

What is the exact error?

James90

**bleep** it... it errored again and I'm sure it will put a fourth charge. This is so frustrating.

khraeohn

I would assume so. Luckily with credit card charges, it's quite easy to get them reversed, and PM isn't going to try and screw you over on those charges. Normally response time is good, but since it's BF/CM weekend, they're going to be busy. So it might take a while. I would just bite the bullet and resume. 

James90

Does this mean I can resume activation and the first ones won't go through since the activation failed? Also, typically how long does it take to get a reply from @CS_Agent because I don't want to miss out on this deal waiting for a reply?

khraeohn

Well the charges are pending. So they haven't actually gone through. Sounds like they're just pre-auth's. But if you want to be 100% sure, send a dm to @CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.