cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving area codes

gtendall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My kid has gone to university in another town.  Do we have to do anything to avoid long distance charges?  We have the 100 minutes province wide plan.  Does it matter she is in another town?

8 REPLIES 8

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How long have you had this plan? There was brief province-wide experiment here a couple years ago. Maybe you're still on it. Otherwise, yes, all plans except an odd single Quebec plan are Canada-wide.

Thanks for the correct. The later it get's at night I use the wrong wording. Getting old sucks! lol

@bbdata wrote:

If you're both in the same province still, your plan will continue to work.

The $15 plan is a Canada-wdie calling plan. 

Hypopethetically, someone on a plan that only has province-wide calling can still use the plan while in any province, but the customer's plan would only include outgoing calls to that same province.

@gtendall wrote:

My kid has gone to university in another town.  Do we have to do anything to avoid long distance charges?  We have the 100 minutes province wide plan.  Does it matter she is in another town?

That plan actually includes Canada-wide calling, not just province-wide calling.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

There's no roaming in Canada on Public Mobile (they have a nationwide network you can access), the only thing to consider is whether or not there's a long distance charge. All plans today, except for maybe 1 exception plan in Quebec, offer nationwide calling.

Long story short, you're good. 

gtendall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you're both in the same province still, your plan will continue to work.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Nope. The plan follows. Roaming Long distance in Canada included.

edited by computergeek541: made correction as that's not roaming;  added "long distance in".

Need Help? Let's chat.