cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monthly data not reset

tq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my plan of 250 GB per month is usually reset to start again every month  after payment  It seems to have not been done. It could of been missed last month too but not sure.

11 REPLIES 11

tq

I have Customer Service looking into it. I am not concerned about the amount of data ( 152 MB used ) out of 250 MB allotted each month on renewal but more why it has not reset . I know i used 137 MB on Jan 14, 2021 I do have lots of add-on data to use from bonuses.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tq   look like issue was resolved?  Happy if that is the case?  What was the issue?  how did you find out the problem?

Would like to know what happened to see if it is a system glitch.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tq : How about an update? What happened?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tq : As mentioned above, do you see a data line under My Data & Add-ons? Then click on the upper View my usage link and count up all the instances of MB of data starting on the 16th.

@tq wrote:

sorry, I forgot about personal info. Renewal date was Jan 16 , I usually do not go over 75 to 80 GB per month. 

@tq   You meant 75 to 80 MB?

can you login to My Account and send us a screenshot of the My Data & Add-ons section in the Overview Tab?

Also, you can go to the Usage History (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/) , filter just the last 2 days (Change start and end date ) and see how much "Web" traffic, you will need to go through all the pages from the usage log.  (Do not trust the Sorting.  Sorting does not really work, really go through each page and check Web Traffice)

tq

sorry, I forgot about personal info. Renewal date was Jan 16 , I usually do not go over 75 to 80 GB per month. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When was your plan renewal. Is it all gone or is it not 0/250 MB?

If you have iPhone and Wifi assist is ON then this setup can eat your data. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Does it say 250/250 used data?

When was your renewal date? Maybe your phone used all data in a few hours you not realizing DATA is on? 250MB is peanuts and can go really fast if background apps are data hungry...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tq 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account history usege,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges.

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

if you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tq : Do you leave your cell data on all the time? 250MB of data is not much. Your phone could easily consume that after renewal. You might run out of data then the phone waits for an internet connection. Renewal comes around and the phone says ah there we are...gobble gobble. Finished. And you have no data.

But there have been sporadic reports of data buckets not renewing. Check you usage details starting at the day of renewal (not on your phone).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tq   Please remove your account number.  This is an open forum and it is dangerous to post your account number in public.  Click down arrow on the top left of your post and modify

For the time to reset your data counter.  Please login to My Account and confirm when is the start date of the cycle.   PM is running on 30 days cycle maybe the date got shifted?

You can also check Transaction history and see when was the last time PM took money from you.  Just to confirm if the renewal date just passed or still couple days 

Need Help? Let's chat.