cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile internet/data

vikada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My internet is not working for more than one week already. MMS seem to work but there is no internet connection. Do not ask me to check the APN. I did it already many times. It shows to me the data is using but in fact it does not connect to the internet. I guess there is a bockage somewhere. 

19 REPLIES 19

No problem...just glad you're up and running again.

The first forum contributor who hinted that you should check if you have data was @Yummy . Maybe you should award them SOLUTION.

I'm know they'd be very happy to have contributed to your success.

vikada

Well, I have contacted technical support. After trying many solutions, they noticed that I was out of data, so I checked my account and bought an extra 1GB :). Sorry for the inconvenience, it is my first experience here. 

Good to hear you got it fixed. Tell us what you did to fix it. That way, if it happens to someone else, we have your successful experience to consider.

vikada

I did solve the problem, thanks to everybody for your replies!

@vikada wrote:

it works from my WiFI but not from my mobile internet

@vikada   if it works on Wifi but not from Mobile Data, likely APN issue or you are out of data if you are in fact using iMessage or RCS and not really MMS

Check on your messaging app to see if iMessage or RCS was enabled

vikada

it works from my WiFI but not from my mobile internet

Sounds like could be your apn settings were corrupted. Take a screenshot and post here...we can confirm and help get it correctly entered.

vikada

yes i did some changes because could not connect to hotel internet and then since then my data is not working

vikada

it tells me a secure connection could not be established

@vikada wrote:

Yes, I have checked it. It shows in my account and phone how many Mb are using.

Did Internet (DATA) ever worked or you do not have since 1 week ago?

Did you install any app, did any changes on your phone, etc.?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @vikada   you don't like ask you to check APN, but many had the data problem because of a minor mistake there, could be a missing of a comma or so.

do you mind to post your current APN settings?

@vikada - I would not go by your phone data tracker...unless you have it set to your 30 day plan start date.

Are you able to provide a screenshot of your remaining data showing on your account?

Check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

If issues persist with no further explaination, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Did you do as others have suggested and log in to your account to make sure you still have data available ?

vikada

Yes, I have checked it. It shows in my account and phone how many Mb are using.

vikada

My phone is Android Samsung S5

I did fabric reset today and still not working. I thought maybe it is connected to my Google account but cannot find the solution.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@vikada  if all your calling and texts services are working okay, and it is only Data that does not work, the first check that your Data setting is enabled on your device.

Second, check that you have data left on your account. Log into self serve and see if anything is showing remaining:

esjliv_0-1658527480999.png

If you do show Data remaining, try:

• restarting your phone
  • toggle into/out of airplane mode
  • perform a reset of the device's network settings
  • try your sim into another compatible phone to see if data works

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vikada   If data is a problem, usually is the APN or if you have data

So, you login to My Account and confirmed that you still have data? (but even you run out of it, MMS should work by itself)

and does regular mobile data work? or just not MMS?

did you try to put your PM sim card in another phone?  that could confirm if it is a device issue

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you check your account?

Do you have any data available?

How do you know data is used?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Whats the make and model of phone are you using...sounds like maybe a phone issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.