cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data used

bella23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My billing period is Feb 27-Mar 26, I have a plan for 250MB data. Got a massage on Mar 11 that I used 100% of data. My phone shows 72.36MB, and on "My account" is about 73MB. So why data was disconnected??  That happend first time, and I have an account with PublicMobile for more than a year. Checked APN setting, restarted few times phone and still can't get internet. Please help.

Mar 17, 2021

18 REPLIES 18

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bottomshelf :It only for Android as far as I know, here is a link to read more of it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-And... 

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheGx wrote:

@bella23 :Try app called Data Witness PM, it created by Public Mobile customer to help keep track your phone data usage.

@TheGx:  Is the app for android or iOS?  I tried searching "Data Witness PM" in the Apple store with no luck.  Thanks.

Late to the game,  @darlicious 

After i asked, the OP posted this; cycle ends today:

HALIMACS_0-1616347308372.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bella23 

If your billing period started on February 27th then it ends on March 28th. Your new billing period starts on March 29th.

@bella23 

@bella23 wrote:

I understand that but my internet was cut off on Mar 11, although I posted on  Mar14. And if plan renews midnight tonight ET so why I did not have access past few dysY???

In your screenshots, the 250 mb Data tracker/counter is not shown.  That means that you ran out of data.  You likely ran out of data on March 11.  It is difficult to say for sure since we don't have a screenshot of your account on March 11.  

The PM data tracker is usually fairly accurate.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bella23 : When you've consumed a feature like data or outgoing minutes - that's it. It stops. There's no overage, no fees, no super-slow unlimited...just stops.

250MB isn't a whole lot of data. You would want to check your phone to see what took it in the first couple weeks after your last renewal. OS updates, app updates, also that you don't have the wifi failover to mobile data on.

@bella23 

Because you reached the data allotment available for your current cycle.

You would still be able to use Wi-Fi during that. So it's possible that's how you may have been able to utilize web-based services.

By the time you wake up tomorrow morning your new data allotment will be in place if you have auto-pay set up.

bella23

I understand that but my internet was cut off on Mar 11, although I posted on  Mar14. And if plan renews midnight tonight ET so why I did not have access past few dysY???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bella23 : You've used all your data. Your plan renews midnight tonight ET too...not the 27th. These are 30 day plans...not monthly, so the renewal day keeps moving up.

bella23

Screenshot (1).jpgHere are the 2 screenshots. Data I posted is a summary from usage history  from Feb 27 up to date.Screenshot (2).jpg

@bella23 

Can you SCREENSHOT, the following 2 screens from your account:

HALIMACS_0-1616333427513.png

and,

HALIMACS_1-1616333690569.png

bella23

Thanks for your post, however on my My Data & Add-On I did add all data usage since the starting period Feb 27.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bella23 wrote:

My billing period is Feb 27-Mar 26, I have a plan for 250MB data. Got a massage on Mar 11 that I used 100% of data. My phone shows 72.36MB, and on "My account" is about 73MB. So why data was disconnected??  That happend first time, and I have an account with PublicMobile for more than a year. Checked APN setting, restarted few times phone and still can't get internet. Please help.

Mar 17, 2021

Hi @bella23 , when you wrote "on "My account" is about 73MB", was that the amount showing in your Overview in you Self Serve?

Or are you adding up usage from your usage history?

Go by the Overview amount. So if 73MB is only showing used you should have Data access.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

sunflowershine

@bella23 Sometimes the data usage will be different from your phone record. As you allow some apps to run in background, data will be used.

Here are the suggestions I got from the Moderator:

In order for you to have more control over you data usage, we recommend turning off data when is not needed. Also disabling Wi-Fi assist (for iPhone) or Smart network switch (for Android) to avoid the phone connects and jumps automatically from Wi-Fi to data. 

It is also recommended to restrict background data to avoid that applications connect automatically to your data and make small updates as soon as you turn it on.  

You may consider monitoring your data from the setting of your phone if you have an android (settings-data- set data limit – enter your billing cycle- your data allotment so the phones gives you a breakdown per app) .

You may also consider getting a third party application that will give you a breakdown of the usage per app, so you know what application is using your data or if it is the operating system of your phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bella23 Log into account and check under My Data & Add-Ones>View My Usage>Usage History>drop down to Last 30 Days. I think the 73mb was under Last 7 Days setting.
This will shows all your calls, texts and data usage.

You might have your phone on LTE/4G when there are no wifi available while you are out on the road.

You can also check on Settings>Connections>Data Usage>Mobile Data Usage. 
I would suggest you enable data warning and set data limits on Android phones.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@bella23 wrote:

Mar 17, 2021

Ok, some one has to say it!!! I wished I had a massage on March 11 too.  

I would think the official usage would obviously show on your account. What your phone tracks, as long as you reset it, may be close but not exact. Some phones show what usage of data was by APP that might help. And you can look at your usage on your My Account to be of some help and click the type of usage on the top bar to sort it for you. You would have to use the start date to be the same as when your new cycle started. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bella23 

Can you post your data and add-on section here so we can see if there's still data displaying in your data allotment.

I'm presuming you toggled mobile data on and off and tried resetting network connections as well as trying resetting phone and removing SIM and reinserting it.

You may need to contact moderators if this does not get your data working.

Here's how to contact moderators, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

TheGx

@bella23 :Try app called Data Witness PM, it created by Public Mobile customer to help keep track your phone data usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.