Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms

diyala
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't receive local long text messages 

I have data 

and unlimited messages in my plan 

I did not experience this issue before the message shows as downloading for an hour now 

10 REPLIES 10

@diyala 

I would try to update the 2 lines:

MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799

Save and reboot and see if it works

diyala

All done thank you

@diyala wrote:

Screenshot_2022-07-22-22-07-28-966_com.android.settings.jpg

I did add this point according to the instructions i recieved from the robot chat and restarted after wards 

Still not working  

You've entered the MMSC incorrectly. It needs http:// with the doubleslash to be an exact match.

http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

You will need to restart after editing the APN.

The download placeholders for MMS attachments already sent to you may or may not be lost forever. But subsequent MMS communications should work properly (with the proper APN syntax) moving forward.

diyala

Screenshot_2022-07-22-22-07-28-966_com.android.settings.jpg

I did add this point according to the instructions i recieved from the robot chat and restarted after wards 

Still not working  

Cellular data needs to be active. "MMS Events" are logged on Self-Serve usage, though they consume 0.000KB of billable data provision.

Beware that updates, syncs, telemetry, and background apps might consume your billable data whenever it's active. If this is a problem then you'll have to go through settings and permissions for these apps to curtail this behaviour. Smartphones have built-in software to monitor and track data usage, it can be used to inspect where all your data is going.

The phone needs to have Public Mobile's APN settings. Some phones (with older Android OS versions) specifically require "APN Type = default,mms".

The messaging app itself must support MMS and have the relevant permissions (photo album/gallery/preview, camera, cellular data, etc) enabled. Some messaging apps (like iMessage, RCS, and Signal) support extended features which can override standard SMS/MMS protocols - these apps invariably have a setting somewhere which allows these extended protocols to be disabled.

Restart for changes to take effect.

diyala

I used to be able to receive mms on the same phone no issues 
I tried to reset my setting and did not work

diyala

I tried adding APN point and restarting 

nothing worked 

diyala

xaomi red me 10 pro

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@diyala 

Check to see if MMS and Cellular Data setting are both enabled.

What is the make and model of your phone so we can help you step by step?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@diyala - is your Data option turned on in the settings of your device when you try to receive or send 'long texts'? It is treated as an MMS, like a picture text.

Edit: if your data is turned on.

Try:

• restarting your phone
  • perform a reset of your device's network settings
  • try your sim into another compatible phone to see if long texts send/receive
Need Help? Let's chat.