cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important question

shahryarzadsale
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi
Why does my talk usage amount show more than what I actually talked on the main page of my public mobile site
13 REPLIES 13

@shahryarzadsale   Please check what @NDesai   suggested.

Especially with the Usage history you downloaded, compare with your phone's call log and see if they agree

And let us know if there are any numbers on the Usage history you don't recognize.  But , you could see some number ends with 400x , those are likely  voicemail numbers

@shahryarzadsale Go to the Usage history and it will give you a breakdown. Download the usage report as excel spreadsheet and it should tell you when it calculated the mins. The total usage has to show up there and add-up to the counter.

shahryarzadsale

my friend

I know these😄

But no

HI @shahryarzadsale   I have different family members are on the plan with limited outgoing minutes and we don't have trouble with the calculations

can you post us a screenshot for the front page about the minutes used and the usage history for outgoing calls?  

@shahryarzadsale   

did you call your voicemail from your phone to set it up?  did you spend some time using your cell phone to record voicemail greeting?  Remember, calling voicemail will cost you outgoing minutes

shahryarzadsale

My plan has been activated for two days and in these two days I spoke for a maximum of 3 minutes once, but for me it was calculated for 10 minutes.

That's a lot of difference

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What matters for the plan is what it counts. It only cares to count outgoing minutes. Incoming minutes are included in the plan.

@shahryarzadsale wrote:

It is much more than that amount

@shahryarzadsale   You are on the $15 plan?

What are the differences?  can you post us some screenshots so we understand how much the differences?

shahryarzadsale

It is much more than that amount

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @shahryarzadsale 

Let's hope Google translate works and I understand what you are asking.

You think the PM usage page for talk is higher than what you actually talked?

Keep in mind, the minute counted by PM is rounded up to the next minute.  A one second call will be counted as one minute, a 59 second call will be counted as one minute as well

Also, checking voicemail from your phone will cost you minutes as well.  People will try to save that by calling voicemail from another number or landline

shahryarzadsale

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Google Translate:

---------------

Hello
Why is my talk usage higher than what I talked about on my public mobile site home page?

--------------------------

Do you mean as shown on your phone? The phone shows more talk usage than the account page?

Need Help? Let's chat.