cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missed calls...

NT3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happy New Year wondeful people! I occasionally don't get calls - the phone doesn't ring and a missed call doesn't register and no voice mail either - the only way I know is when the person sends me an email saying I wasn't available. That happened yesterday Jan 12th, I don't know the time they attempted the call. Thank you for your help clarifying this dilema. Have a wonderful weekend!

10 REPLIES 10

NT3

Thank you Softech for the feedback. I did not get text msgs in the last couple of days - so I have to wait & see. I did power off the phone several times when I was charging it. I will try to set the preferred network per your suggestion. It's a difficult situation because it is sporadic...I was home on that day and I usually get calls at home. I appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful weekend.

NT3

Hi esjliv, as the saying goes misery loves company! I did all the troubleshooting Halimacs suggested except the last 2 points. Best of luck.

NT3

Thank you Yummy for the feedback. Have a great weekend.

NT3

Thank you Halimacs for the feedback, I checked all settings you mentioned they are per your suggestions. The last 2 points I will try later, my network is working. Have a great weekend.

NT3

Thank you Handy1 for the feedback - I have been with pm for a few months now. and I got my number from them, I did not port any number. Have a wonderful weekend

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NT3 

did you get any incoming text?  test it

try to reseat the sim card.  Power down the phone, take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up

Also, you might want to try to change the Preferred network to 3G Only and test incoming calls

and try your phone in different area, could be just a local network issue with the 3G 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I'm having the same issue with another provider now for 3 weeks @NT3 . I've tried lots of trouble shooting. Probably different situations but who knows. Ticket in with provider still pending.

What trouble shooting have you tried?

Edit: missing word

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It could be signal strength varies at your location (or wherever you are while people call you) and they do not want to leave message so you do not know if they really called.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@NT3 

It's possible that Public Mobile was experiencing temporary service issues.  Does this tend to happen in all locations or in a defined location?

Try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NT3 @Did you just port your number to pm ? And did your reply YES to the confirmation text that you had a 90 min window to reply 

Need Help? Let's chat.