cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make calls from us to canada

8secondlx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So when i am able to travel to us again i will make calls from us to canada. Can I do that with this us roaming talk for $8 for 10 days? I keep seeing something about making calls from canada to us.

10 REPLIES 10

8secondlx

Ya the WhatsApp and txt I didn't  like. The 10 days for $8 is great I won't be going to the us anytime soon but when I do it won't be longer then 7 days.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@8secondlx wrote:

Ya I used that before not a fan of them drop calls and person can't hear you have the time. This roaming option is why better.

@8secondlxAre you taking about Fongo, Whatsapp and TXTNow? They both work fine for me. Try other apps, There are plenty of VOIP apps out there that are good.

How long do you plan on staying there?. If your there for a while its better to buy a PayGo plan there. The best option is a cheap PayGO data plan and a VOIP app like Fongo. It is miles ahead of Public Mobile's US Roaming addons. I find Canadian Cell Roaming rates are a joke. If your outside of Canada i would take advantage of anything over what we got here. But if your not gone for long and don't want it to be a hassle then an ad-don will do the trick.

8secondlx

Ya I used that before not a fan of them drop calls and person can't hear you have the time. This roaming option is why better.

8secondlx

Yup thanks

@8secondlx Be sure to purchase the correct roaming add-on. Occassionally, customers purchase a long distance add-on by mistake which wouldn't be of any help while you're in the U.S.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have access to wi-fi then you can use apps like WhatsApp, Skype, Fongo, or Textnow.

8secondlx

thank you

8secondlx

Thanks I thought so but I wanted to make sure.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@8secondlx hi yes with the 10 day roaming you can call back to canada 😁

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

While in USA you would need to purchase a USA roaming add-on. There is one $8 for 10 days calling. When you buy the addon it starts right away and it is 10 consecutive days.

Two steps to buy an add-on. Guide below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Screenshot_20190906_234608.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.