cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loyalty and pre authorized rewards

Karyathena
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are loyalty and pre authorized rewards automatically added when you change your plan? Do they automatically go with you to the new plan? I'm just changing plan, not payments method, SIM or phone number.

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20

Karyathena

Thanks! I wanted to  be sure!

Karyathena

Thanks so much!

@Karyathena wrote:

Ok thanks, just a few people said no not change to points so I want to be sure I don't. It looks like it's all or nothing. I wonder if I should submit a help ticket to be sure.

Screenshot_20230320-132633_Chrome.jpg

There's no need to open a ticket. Customer service will give you the exact same answer that you do not get 3x points, nor will you be swtiched over to points.

@Karyathena wrote:

Ok are you sure? A few people mentioned be sure not to take this new points system. I've added the picture

We're all 100% sure. Points are unrrelated to plan changes. Ignore it. 

Karyathena

Ok thanks, just a few people said no not change to points so I want to be sure I don't. It looks like it's all or nothing. I wonder if I should submit a help ticket to be sure.

Karyathena

Karyathena

Ok are you sure? A few people mentioned be sure not to take this new points system. I've added the picture

Well it is interesting. In change plans, the $35/4G plan shows 3x points back and the $30/3G plan also. None of the others indicate that item.

I would also highly doubt you would get switched to points but it is interesting.

@Karyathena wrote:

The list is all in a box, I'll try to post screenshot

I don't see how to refuse 3x points though I definitely want to keep old loyalty/rewards

I'll try to phrase this another way:  There isn't any need to refuse the 3x ponts, nor is there any way to get the 3x points even if you did want them. The points promotion isn't available to existing cutsomers, nor should it be listed in the plan details. Ignore the mention of the points. 

@Karyathena   no worry, as @computergeek541  mentioned, ",changing plans doesn't switch your account to points.". 

So, you can just make the plan change and no worry about rewards got changed.  Many of done so and gone through change plan and can confirm the rewards system won't change with that

Karyathena

The list is all in a box, I'll try to post screenshot

I don't see how to refuse 3x points though I definitely want to keep old loyalty/rewards

Karyathena

Yes I'm on old rewards system. I don't see how to remove it, it looks like a bundle deal. How do I change plans and keep old rewards and loyalty

Loyalty saves me $3 a month and rewards saves me.$2 so I definitely want to keep them

@Karyathena  3x points is for new activation only

Are you currently on the old rewards system?  don't switch it, you can change plan and your rewards system won't got changed.  It is much better to stay with old rewards system, you will earn more long term

(and FYI, while I don't suggest you to do so, switching to new rewards points won't get you 3x points either, the 3x points promotion is strictly for new activation) 

@Karyathena wrote:

I just went to change my plan and it's lists all the changes: "3x.public points" is listed. I don't see a way to not have this option. Is this what you mean by a worse points option from public?

3x Public Points isn't a plan feature, nor do existing customers get that bonus. Once again, changing plans doesn't switch your account to points.

Karyathena

I just went to change my plan and it's lists all the changes: "3x.public points" is listed. I don't see a way to not have this option. Is this what you mean by a worse points option from public?

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

always change plan on renewal date and your rewards stay the same unless you change them

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

They do, @Karyathena 

HOWEVER, make certain not to get caught up in public mobile’s clever marketing to public points, which is the less favourable rewards program.

If you’re on the old one, stay on it and don’t get hooked to switch if you want to save more.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Your rewards are tied up with your account Not plan so you can change plans as many times as you need/want and rewards are not lost.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Karyathena  Yes you get to keep your old rewards there  tied to your account not your plan , you have to actively choose to switch to the new rewards points . And that is a one way street and not advised 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Karyathena   Yes, changing plan would not affect your rewards and loyalty, you will get the same amount

But please try to use Change plan on renewal date option when you make plan change, if you are no rush of the new data or minutes.  With Change plan on renewal date, the plan change is scheduled on the next renewal date.  There is another option , Change plan now.  With that, PM wiil charge you immediately the full amount of the plan (no rewards applied) for that one cycle. Also, unused days and data of the old cycle will be fufilled and no refund. 

So, try to use Change plan on renewal date instead to save money

Need Help? Let's chat.